“Good end to the day”

Ranked #1,537 of 23,689 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Great day out in London with our son and other half, saw a show and then struggled thought the underground. Got to Village Kitchen just in time for our booking. A first class evening, no rush, good food, and staff who were only there when wanted. I can only recommend it.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I think I have just experienced one of the best meals of my life. (And as a waitress at some of London's fanciest venues, I've tried my share of good food) I had the codcakes to start, Duck leg confit for my main and Pear Tarte Tatin for dessert. Well what to say. Without exaggeration, the codcakes, combined with the salad, chilli, and mayonnaise created a taste explosion in my mouth. All the flavours complimented one another beautifully., and every bite was a delight. The duck Leg was so tender falling away from the bone, and tasty, but then I always find that duck is... again the other flavours on the plate were beautiful compliments to the bird. Dessert was divine. I could have eaten three. My Partner had scallops with chorizo and sun dried tomatoes on toasted bread, kangaroo steak and sticky toffee pudding for dessert. He also enjoyed every bite of his meal. We both gushed so much over the food, it was quite embarassing! We'll definitely be going back soon and have already booked a table for a family get together at christmas. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, it's impressive menu, and the thought and precision given to cooking each item is a win every time. Furthermore the staff are friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed (when we went in, I don't know about busier periods). I don't know what else I can say to commend this restaurant, short of a declaration of undying love and a marriage proposal...

Reviewed November 13, 2013

What a great find!! the food at this place is simple and straight forward and toally delicious. very resonable pricing for the food and the wine. A special mention to Hannah as she stole the show with her warmth and kindness. Will certainly return next time I'm back in Londao

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Beautiful food, a little pricey but soo worth it! Definitely recommend. Also cater for children better than most restaurants.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have been here about 8 to 10 times over the last year and have never had a bad meal, the quality of the food is excellent, you just can't fault it, it's not over the top fancy or anything, it's just good wholesome food cooked well with their own unique twist to it.

We have taken friends to Village Kitchen and all have said that it was the best meal that they have had in years. The menu is not overloaded with lots of choice, but with food like that it doesn't need to be, there is plenty to choose for everyone's taste. When you look at what more up market restaurants are charging for poor quality food and an ever worse service it really makes you think about the places you should eat, Village Kitchen really is a bit of a hidden gem

Can't wait to go back for more