“Nice resturant. ...”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Nice resturant. ...”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice buzzy resturant. The staff were friendly and the cocktails strong not bad for £6..we ordered the shared platter for starters very tasty but the amount you get for £15 personally I think is steep. I ordered the sirloin steak very tasty melts in your mouth. My partner ordered the Salmon he found that bland .. but there is not much you can do with Salmon to be honest. We didn't have dessert but overall it was filling. The fact this resturant was on a our door step was a bonus. The menu was small but varied worth a visit!

• Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Average food , Poor Service.”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Having lived in the area for ten years I thought it was about time to try The Village Kitchen. The food was ok, but pretty average, nothing special. However the service was very poor, not a smile, nothing. The "staff" preferred to chat among themselves and did not really bother taking care of their table. We almost felt as though we had done something wrong by being there. The place had no atmosphere and was only half decorated. I wont be back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Charlie V
“Excellent value in a great place”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Never been to Walthamstow before. Beautiful evening and a gorgeous meal. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The meal was gorgeous, would recommend the mixed starter to anyone, the spring rolls in particular. Had a lovely kir royale on a 2:1 offer to start. The duck confit was fantastic and the house wine. Two cocktails, two courses for two, a bottle of house red and a cheese board between two at around £60. Shame about the "academic" very loud people next to us but not the restaurant's fault! Will come again if I am lucky!

“Great local restaurant”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I really liike this place. Good quality food, friendly staff and excellent value. Much better - and far less pretentious - than Eat 17 over tho road.

London, England
“A Village gem !”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

It's a good couple of years since I've eaten at the Village Kitchen. Back then, it could be a bit hit or miss - although more hit than miss. I have to confess to just getting into the habit of eating at a certain restaurant over the road, & we only ended up at the VK as the certain other restaurant was fully booked....well, all I can say is I will certainly return to the Village Kitchen, sooner, rather than later !The menu was varied and all of us were very impressed with the standard of cooking, presentation & service.Indeed I would say the food was actually of a better standard than "over the road" & the menu more interesting and better value, too. Thanks for a lovely evening, Village Kitchen !