Mercure London Kensington
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
1,650 results
All reviewsprivilege roomearls courtcromwell roadcomplimentary soft drinksa small double roomthe natural history museumroyal albert hallpiccadilly linebed was comfortablereception staffnespresso machinetube stationshort stayhyde parkbreakfast roomwest endkensington
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Disappointed that there wasn't a single smoking room in this hotel. I know most people don't want them but for people who do smoke it would be nice. Very expensive for what it was but rooms were nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Linforth, Duty Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Coronalaura,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are a non-smoking hotel, although we do have an assigned area outside at the front of the hotel which may be used for smoking. We appreciate that there are guests who still prefer to smoke in their bedrooms but another consideration for our decision was based on fire safety.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great value for the location (one of the cheapest in kensington) although the quality was not compromised. Although we booked a twin room and got a double bed which they were unable to change however the receptionist was very apologetic. The breakfast was delicious and provided pancakes, cereal, fruits and a full English! Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Linforth, Duty Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Sinead M.,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure London Kensington. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Tried to get a twin room here when the one we were booked into was dreadful (read Tara Copthorne.). The Mercure website and their central reservation system was saying they had a twin room for 2 nights so I walked down to have a look at the room. The guy on reception said they only had a twin room for the one night. After a very confusing 3 way conversation between their central reservation, the receptionist and me I gave up. The explanation was that the Mercure Kensington was a 'franchise' hotel and I could not book rooms through the main Mercure online website or central reservation although I clearly could! Bizarre.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank avidtraveller57

Dear Avidtraveller57,

Thank you for taking time to post your review. I was disappointed to read that you had a poor experience with our reservations.

Please accept my sincere apologies as our aim is always to help in any time our guests.

I will address your concerns for the Reservations Manager that will ensure other guests are not similarly inconvenienced in the future.

I hope you will not judge us solely on this experience and will be inclined to use our hotel again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Mercure London Kensington is exactly what you would expect - it's a standard hotel, clean, compact and serviceable. Perfect for the solo traveller and located in a lovely area of London. The hotel was fine, but did not inspire. The hotel breakfast was very nice, though. Internet was ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank FrancoiseAUS76
Linforth, Duty Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear FrancoiseAUS76,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. We are deligthed to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We are gratful for your positive comments and look forward to welcoming you bakc on many occasions.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Hubby and I were booked in here for two nights - we were really looking forward to our stay, but oh dear, what a disappointment. Although I had booked a standard double, we were given a "small double", not enough room for two people at all. The bathroom was very small, so much so sitting on the loo was rather uncomfortable. Put it this way, you had to lean to the right to avoid knocking into the toilet roll holder! You could not even get undressed in there. Overall the room was claustrophobic. They gave me a reduction after I complained, and talking to other guests who were given the small rooms they felt the same. The lift became out of order on the first night, and when we left 2 days later it was still out of action. I am pleased we were on the 3rd floor not the 6th! Overall for a 4 star hotel it was disappointing and won't be recommending it to anyone. On a plus, the staff were friendly.

Room Tip: If and when you book, PLEASE confirm with them the size of room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynnee_11

Dear Lynnee_11,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay in our hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experinece did not meet your expectations.

Unfortunately our main lift was out of order for 3 days. It was a situation that was out of our control but, this issue has now been resolved. I can imagine that this was very inconvenient for you and I would like to express my sincere apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us.
I hope you not judge us for that matter only on this experience and that you will be inclined to use our hotel in the future

Kindest regards,