“Weekend hotel in London”

Mercure London Kensington
Ranked #487 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Peterborough, UK
“Weekend hotel in London”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Just returned from a weekend in London and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. I guess it helps it being a modern building. Booked a Superior size room - well it was the sale so thought why not!
Approx 10mins walk from Gloucester Rd tube and in a quiet area, although we had a front facing room, didn't get disturbed by the traffic at all.
Room itself was excellent size with good shower (always a key) and enough storage for the weekend. Breakfast was the normal buffet-style but good quality... yolks were still runny even though were in those metal covered trays.
All in all a good hotel, that's well priced with very good amenities!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AndrewT
Linforth, Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Andrew T,
Thank for choosing Mercure Kensington hotel for your weekend in London. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and have found our services, location and quality up to your expectations.
We look forward to welcome you back on many future occasions.

Best Regards,

Raquel Noguiera,
Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel is well located, very near of Earl's court station. Clean and confortable bedrooms, very generous breakfast. Employees are pleasant, a special thank you to Justyna and Jekaterina who have been very welcoming and helpful!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Emma C,

Thank you for your great review.
Our aim is to deliver memorable stays and we are pleased to see that we have succeeded in your case.
We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Best Regards,

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights. The service was really good, the room was good with a very confortable bed. The only problem was the soundproofing of the rooms. Every night I heard my neighbors. It was not that bad :-) but the main problem was during the morning. I could heard the cleaning ladies slamming the doors et shying in foreign languages. It was really annoying. Otherwise the neighborhood is quiet and the emplacement is ok.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Linforth, Duty Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Adrien,

Thank you for your review.

We are aware that some of our bedrooms have soundproofing issues and we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused. I can confirm that this issue is in the process of being resolved.

Your comments regarding our housekeeping staff come as a surprise since most of the guest compliment us on quietness that surrounds our hotel. At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us.

I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure London Kensington and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Kindest Regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have to give the Mercure London Kensington Hotel 4-stars because it's so difficult to find a clean, good hotel under £100 a night in London. We got a superb price at £89.

I remember a year ago this hotel used be under another name and was really bad until it got renovated under new ownership.

Everything is now new so very little to complain about. Good hotel, good price, good central location. Only thing that would be an improvement is friendlier staff (two of them. The rest were great).

Our room was pretty normal size for "double room" in London but I am sure some rooms are quite small, which is unfortunately common in London. The location is very good with close access to buses and tube. Its also close to the food store. You can walk in less than 1 hour to Trafalgar Square or Oxford street by foot. And Hyde Park is only 15 mins by foot.

I'd guess Harrods is about 20 mins by foot and if you walk passed Harrods towards Hyde Park corner and be there around 10-10.30 am you may see the Royal Guards ride by heading towards Buckingham Palace before the changing of the guards which is really lovely. If you tag along after them, you can catch both the Royal Guards and the changing of the guards.

I would recommend this hotel to any mid-budget traveler.

I did not take pictures but I do think the photos other travelers have provided is a real representation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Candidreview,

Thank you for taking time to post your review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our location suitable for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Kindest Regards,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I am a doctor who lives and works in South Yorkshire - Uk.I travel most of the time to London for holidays and sometimes workshops and conferences.Mercure Hotel is very nice and comfortable hotel.I stayed in many hotels in London as Cumberland in Marble Arch and Hilton Kensington ,but I found my room in Mercure more comfortable and I really enjoyed my stay.

The hotel Receptionist named Corina was very helpful ,friendly and professional .

It was really a very good experience and definitely I would stay in the hotel again .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Doctor2014,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our room very comfortable.

Your positive comments will be shared with Corina who I am sure will be encouraged to continue providing excellent service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,