“A very pleasant experience”

Mercure London Kensington
Ranked #487 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Lismore, Australia
“A very pleasant experience”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights on two occasions over a 14 day period while travelling in the UK. On both occasions the experience was very pleasant and I had no complaints about the hotel, the room or the service. Admittedly I paid more for the room than I planned but the stay was value for money. I couldn't have asked for more and I would stay here again. Staff were very helpful and accommodating.

1 Thank Pierre3007
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Pierre 3007,

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that on both occasions you had a wonderful stay. Our aim is to deliver memorable experiences.
We appreciate your feedback and would love to welcome you back on many future occasions.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
devon
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night after manning a stand all day at a trade show. I arrived at the hotel very weary and with aching feet and was so pleased to find my room was a good size with a huge bed and (yippee) a BATH as opposed to just a shower. After a good soak I had a lovely restful evening and it only took me 5 mins to get back to the show at Olympia. Only criticisms I have are the room service menu was very boring and the air con didn't work. As the room was by a main road you have to keep the windows shut and although it was not a problem for me - I would imagine the room could get a bit hot during warm weather.
Will definitely stay here again though as it is definitely above average in the ratings.

• Stayed June 2013
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future.

Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel has a good location within not far from Earls Court. It obviously has been refurbished and generally in good condition with excellent levels of service and cleanliness.
However, on arrival for our 3 night stay, the so-called classic double room was really tiny with very little room around the bed and desk. In fact as I complained to the Receptionist on duty, it wasn't large enough to swing a cat. They had in fact built an en-suite within what would have been an average sized double room. We were offered a larger room on the first night but not on the other two as the hotel was fully booked. Had we not already pre-paid through Royalties Gold we certainly would have sought alternative accommodation. The Tv was at right angles to the bed causing severe ergonomic problems. In such a tight space it should have been wall mounted in front of the bed.
I certainly will in future stick to a Hilton, Marriot or Raddison where we know we won't be "short-changed."

Room Tip: Make sure at time of booking a double room is indeeda double room
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was disappointed to read you were not completely satisfied with your stay.
Our rooms vary in size from small doubles to king executive. The small doubles are on the tiny side and we are continuously looking at ways to improve comfort in them.
I hope you will not judge us solely on this experience and will be inclined to use us again. For future stay my personal suggestion would be to book one of our Executive rooms as they very spacious and accommodate a king size bed.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The good's:
- Proximity to the Earl's Court station. It takes about 5 minutes to walk there. That area has lots of simple restaurants and shops.
- Cleanliness. The hotel is clean, even though there were stains on the carpet in my room.

The bad's:
- I was booked in a small double room, and it was the smallest room I have ever stayed. If you travel with suitcase, there is no space to put ut. Literally. The room is a double bed, and that's it. To reach the desk or window, you have to roll over the bed.
- The view was depressing, into a construction site, backyard.
- Terrible Soundproof of the room. All the lives of your neighbours flow into your ears constantly. When the housekeeping starts vacuum cleaning in the morning, there is no way to relax or sleep. It gets even worse then the staff talk to each other.
- Breakfast was not too bad. simply tasteless. However, the choice is there, standard english breakfast + some basic continental.
- Lift. There is only one, and it is a disaster. Constantly on repair.

And in the top of these all, When I asked the reception for late check-out, I was denied. Not even one minute. I can not recall any hotel I have stayed in before who gave no extra hour or so, especially to loyal customers (I am a member of Accor Club). This hotel did not even make an effort ! This was the "last straw" of my experience in this hotel.

All in all, a very average hotel, with no customer satisfaction attitude. I will not return

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear airwav,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

I was disappointed to read your concerns and would like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Our rooms vary in size from small doubles to king executive. Our small doubles, are very compact indeed and are facing the back of Bupa Cromwell Hospital. Some of our guests prefer them as they are value for money.

Late check-outs are subject to availability. We try our outmost to assist all our guests with their special request, however at times we are unable to.

I hope you will not judge us solely on this experience and you will be inclined to use us again.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The service , the locationhe clearnliness t and of the hotel were great.
The only problem was the room was very small , not comfortable for 2 persons.
The price is high because of GBP in relation with Euro

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear JimAthens_Greece,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback . I was delighted to read your positive comments regarding the location, cleanliness and service.
Our rooms vary in size from small doubles to king executive. For future stays, my personal suggestion would be to book one of the king executive rooms as they are very spacious and offer a lovely view of the Cromwell Road.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel is great, my first stay at a Mercure brand. I would strongly recommend this hotel. This hotel is strategically located, Sainsbury is just next door where you can do you groceries if you need to. The hotel is just 7-8mins walk to the underground tube station. Very very convenient and within the vicinity of the underground tube station, you'll also find a number of eateries.

In addition to the above, the rooms are clean, mini bar is inclusive in that particular room type that we booked. Overall a great experience at Mercure is superb. I would specially like to give my great comments to Elisabeth who checked in us, she was very helpful and patient with us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Rhtkiong,

Thank you for your lovely comments. We are avery pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and service.
Your positive feedback has been passed on to the team and Elizabeth in particular.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Orillia, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great room. Friendly service. We found the staff more than willing to help with anything we needed. We loved the complimentary refreshments. We would have liked a free morning newspaper though. Altogether a great experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear LondonLesley_13,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. Your positive comments will be passed on to the team.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on many future occasions.