This hotel has a good location within not far from Earls Court. It obviously has been refurbished and generally in good condition with excellent levels of service and cleanliness.
However, on arrival for our 3 night stay, the so-called classic double room was really tiny with very little room around the bed and desk. In fact as I complained to the Receptionist on duty, it wasn't large enough to swing a cat. They had in fact built an en-suite within what would have been an average sized double room. We were offered a larger room on the first night but not on the other two as the hotel was fully booked. Had we not already pre-paid through Royalties Gold we certainly would have sought alternative accommodation. The Tv was at right angles to the bed causing severe ergonomic problems. In such a tight space it should have been wall mounted in front of the bed.
I certainly will in future stick to a Hilton, Marriot or Raddison where we know we won't be "short-changed."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We currently have off site parking next to the hotel at £30 a day.(T&C- Subject to availability) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ACCOR, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London Kensington Hotel London
- Mercure London Kensington England