“3 nights remarkable stay”

Mercure London Kensington
Ranked #640 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We booked this hotel because advised by some friends and it definitely fulfilled our expectations. this very central area of London it's perfect to visit also walking distance even for a first time stay in London. We had a nice and cozy superior room with all facilities. Breakfast was awesome a large variety buffet . Staff very efficent, especially Orlane who was very smiling and welcoming gave us good advise to visit the area . Overall a very good value for money.
Just 3 nights but flawless, if i'm coming back to London this would be my first choice.
Thank

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Linforth, Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear James P,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted that you found our accommodation and hospitality to your satisfaction. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback regarding your stay and the service you have experienced.

We truly value your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Kensington on many future occasions.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,585)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very pleasant small hotel in a great location. Room was recently refurbished, well serviced and very clean. Great comfortable bed. Staff extremely pleasant and helpful, especially Raquel and Martina at reception who went out their way to make us welcome.

Room Tip: Pay that little extra for a king room, it's worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Peter S,

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Hotel was ok - nowt special for a Yorkshire lady who expects ''grandeur'' things for Kensington in London, was suprised at how small the room was, however was warm and ok for the snowy part of January. You could here the person above having a shower and the person next door having a wee!

Didn't have my evening meal here went out for a Thai instead, although I did have breakfast which was the normal choice of Full English or continental, I had the full English which was the norm, yet sadly cold, and the coffee was gross, luke warm and tasted foul! To pay £123.00 for one nights sleep in a tiny room the least they can do is make breakfast part of the cost............I wouldnt stay here again, only because I never stay in the same hotel twice, why would you? Close to Gloucester Road andf Earls Court Tube stns, which is what I needed.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear maryanne_hall,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure London Kensington, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us.

I was surprised to read your comments regarding the quality of breakfast since most of our guests praise us for the excellent breakfast we have on offer. Had we been aware of your inconvenience we could have rectified that for you.

We appreciate your feedback and I hope that you will not judge us solely on this experience. I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back Mercure London Kensington and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed at the Mercure for 10 days in January, actually I am still here and I felt compelled to write a review. The hotel is very clean, this is very important to me, and the rooms for London hotels are actually not bad at all, on the bigger side. The room has bathrobes and slippers, which is surprise for a 4 star.

The staff is very helpful, in the sense that they try hard. They don't seem that they have exactly been to a swiss hospitality school, but they do try, and thats what matters in my opinion. Breakfast is good, but the room service food was very mediocre. I would advise a restaurant nearby, but most of them in this area are pretty awful, stay particularly away from the Indian Zone, and the Thai places.

In any case, if you are looking for a clean hotel, decent size rooms (for London) and near the center this is a good hotel. I have stayed in many 4 star hotels and this is by far the best if your budget doesn't extend to stay at one of the 5 stars in knightsbridge and mayfair.

Room Tip: choose a higher room for quiet sleep
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank enterpreneur1
Linforth, Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear enterpreneur1,

Reviewed January 21, 2013

If you're looking for a London break then the Mercure Kensington is ideal. Its 2 mins walk from Earls Court tube station which is just a couple of stops away from all the major tourist areas.It was my first trip to London so it was tricky to pick where to stay, but I had stayed in the Mercure Hotel in Southampton so I had no reservations in booking this one. We arrived on 26th December and were not sure what to expect, as there was a tube strike on so it was a bit trickier to get around than it would usually be. We arrived at the hotel at 10.30am and took a chance that we could check in early, and that was no problem. The staff were very nice in all areas, the room was small, but we were expecting that, but the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in! We had not booked breakfast but we decided to have breakfast in the hotel the following morning and it was excellent, very helpful staff and a great buffet to choose from. The only bad thing I can say is you only get 1 hour wifi free with your stay, I can't see why hotels can't offer free wifi for the duration of your stay, It really bugs me. I would thoroughly reccomend this hotel for a London getaway, just get the larger room if staying longer than a weekend. Kensington is a lovely area and felt very safe to explore, just wear comfy shoes!

Room Tip: If staying longer than a weekend look for a larger room, the small room is tiny but fine for a weeke...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maggie-os

Dear maggie-os,

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We spent 5 nights at this hotel. The room is extremely small - only enough space to accomodate a double bed and a small bench. There is hardly any space to walk around the bottom of the bed to the other side - literaly have to squeeze our legs to get through. We were pleased to be provided with free 24 hour internet access on the day of arrival. However were very disappointed to learn that this was only for one day! and can't understand why that would be the case. Wonder if it would make any difference if we had made separate bookings for each night?

Location-wise, it is quite convenient being10 mins walk from the Earl's Court undergound station.

Room Tip: Check the size of the room when booking.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CF W

Dear gokeen,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, your feedback is much appreciated.

Our rooms vary in size from small doubles to king executive. As with many London hotels some of the bedrooms are unfortunately on the small side and are mostly recommended for shorter trips. For future stays I would like to recommend one of our Privilege rooms. The rooms are very spacious, accommodating a king size bed and include varies luxury amenities.

With regards to the internet connection, I am pleased to announce that we are now offering complimentary 256Kb/day WIFI access to all our guests.

I hope you will not judge us solely on this experience and we will the honor of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 18, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for a night so we could do the museums. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant but the room was average at best. The extractor fan in the bathroom did not work causing condensation everywhere and the decor is in need of some updating/ tidying up. The location is good - easy walking distance from Earls Court tube, the V&A and Kensington High Street.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear BobbysGirl11,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I was delighted to read that you were pleased with our service and hospitality. I will be sharing your comments with my team.

Your comments regarding our bedrooms come as a surprise since most of our guests praise us for the neutral decor and modern funishings. However, your feedback is much appreciated as we are always looking at ways to improve our product.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you bacl on many future occasions.

Kindest regards,