If you're looking for a London break then the Mercure Kensington is ideal. Its 2 mins walk from Earls Court tube station which is just a couple of stops away from all the major tourist areas.It was my first trip to London so it was tricky to pick where to stay, but I had stayed in the Mercure Hotel in Southampton so I had no reservations in booking this one. We arrived on 26th December and were not sure what to expect, as there was a tube strike on so it was a bit trickier to get around than it would usually be. We arrived at the hotel at 10.30am and took a chance that we could check in early, and that was no problem. The staff were very nice in all areas, the room was small, but we were expecting that, but the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in! We had not booked breakfast but we decided to have breakfast in the hotel the following morning and it was excellent, very helpful staff and a great buffet to choose from. The only bad thing I can say is you only get 1 hour wifi free with your stay, I can't see why hotels can't offer free wifi for the duration of your stay, It really bugs me. I would thoroughly reccomend this hotel for a London getaway, just get the larger room if staying longer than a weekend. Kensington is a lovely area and felt very safe to explore, just wear comfy shoes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We currently have off site parking next to the hotel at £30 a day.(T&C- Subject to availability) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, ACCOR, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London Kensington Hotel London
- Mercure London Kensington England