“Great Christmas trip to London”

Mercure London Kensington
Ranked #487 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Abergele, United Kingdom
“Great Christmas trip to London”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel was as described. I did see a few mentions on here about staff but we found the staff to all be friendly and helpful.
The complementary soft drinks and finding a chocolate mint on your pillow at night was a nice touch.
We did a a bit of a leak in our roof due to heavy rain but the staff sorted out the problem without any fuss.
All in all a nice hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Linforth, Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear 484karen,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted that you found our accommodation and hospitality to your satisfaction. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback regarding your stay and the service you have experienced.

We truly value your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Kensington on many future occasions.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
hereford
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Last minute booked, great price, especially where it is! Didn't expect much due to the price, but was more than very surprised! Parked outside on street, reception very helpful. Hit the bar & the staff were very friendly. Asked hotel staff about the parking charges for BH, although they didn't know, they took the time to check & come back to us. Room was cozy (small) but was very clean, well set out & more than fine for what we needed! Would definitely stay again!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear lily-hfd,

Trofa, Portugal
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Not in the heart of london, but 8 min to nearest tube station(2 by the way). Location is quiet. The hotel is fairly clean. The rooms are small, but in London they all are! Has an elevator, cable tv. The room I stayed in didn't have ar conditioning. Breakfast is ok. The bath room was bigger than I expected for a hotel in London. It's ok for a few days visit in London. I would stay again, although next time I'll try to book in the heart of London. But for the price it was a good find.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Linforth, Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Pedro M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the non-existent air conditioning as all of our bedrooms have air conditioning units.
We value your feedback and have taken your comments on board as we are continuously striving to improve our standards.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Mercure London Kensington in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Denton, TX USA
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed for 5 nights. Our flight from the States and subsequent cab ride put us at the hotel at just after 10 am. The manager had no rooms ready but asked us to return at 12:30 and he would make sure some were ready. As typical for most London hotels, staff happily stored our luggage while we went to breakfast and walked around, and our rooms were ready at 12:30 as promised. This modern hotel is in a really good location near a day and night bus line and between two Tube stations. There are large grocery stores and lots of cafes and restaurants to dine at nearby, and despite the hotel being situated on a rather busy road, it really was quiet in the room. Staff was always very friendly, and the bartenders paid close attention to what we needed while we sat in the lounge without stifling us. The room was equipped with a mini-fridge with complimentary sodas and water inside, and the teapot and tea/coffee kit in-room was great to have. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel restaurant so I can't comment about that, but everything we utilized was tip-top. The hotel was very clean with comfortable beds. I did think the price was a tad on the high side, but admittedly, that might be my American point of view that still isn't used to how much things cost in London. In any case, we would definitely stay here again and will recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: If going as a couple, ask for a room with two twin beds rather than one double bed. You'll get m...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Linforth, Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Momma B,

Alton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Arrived early, checked in and minor problem of my making quickly sorted by very pleasant receptionist.
All the staff we came into contact with very pleasant and helpful.
Room comfortable and quiet, even though facing Cromwell Road.
Breakfast good and well staffed even though it is a buffet.
Will look forward to staying there again next time I'm in London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted that you found our accommodation and hospitality to your satisfaction. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback regarding your stay.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have read some other reviews and feel I must have been very unlucky in room 603... Whilst I expected small rooms and maybe a lower standard do Mercure the mould on the walls and the odour in the room was unacceptable.
There was a a damp patch on the ceiling and the wall beneath the window was spotted with mould.
I pointed this out to reception the next morning and they thanked me for my comments...what!
I will never go back.

Room Tip: Check the room for damp if on 6 th floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim G
Linforth, Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Tim G,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I was disappointed to hear of your concerns and I can assure you they are not a true reflection of our hospitality and service. Please rest assured that your comments have been taken on board and the appropriate action has been taken to prevent other guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future.
Please email me directly on h8064-gm@accor.com in order for me to be able to deal with your complaint in professional manner.
I hope you will not judge us solely on this experience and will be inclined to try us again.

Kindest regards,