This hotel was a huge disappointment. Of course, we never really believe the photos shown on websites, but this takes it to a new level. The basic problem is that it is an old creaky hotel that has been refurbished, but only really to the extent of a coat of paint. The rooms are small, the walls are paper thin and the lift is an antique. Our room had an unusual feature in that part of it sloped uphill, a real problem for one of the beds positioned across it. At least it made rolling out of bed easy. The bedhead on the adjacent bed was so loose that it actually hit you on the head when you got into bed! There were many other issues, such as a toilet you had to fight with to flush, stair lobby doors outside that creaked so badly they constantly woke you in the middle of the night, plus a general lack of detailed cleanliness. Also worth checking: make sure you understand the misleading statements made about "free wifi"! The senior staff has a "devil may care" attitude to any issues and in most cases talk down to you, rather than try and understand your concerns. The junior desk staff and porters are far more capable in their jobs and I can only praise their actions; they could teach the senior staff how to treat guests properly. I will say that the hotel's location is it's best feature, although in no way a big enough factor to redeem it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We currently have off site parking next to the hotel at £30 a day.(T&C- Subject to availability) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Accorhotels.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mercure London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London Kensington Hotel London
- Mercure London Kensington England