“Tasty”

Pizza East Portobello
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizza East Portobello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,297 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
london
“Tasty”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Had dinner here on a Saturday night with my wife

The service was very good and as with the Shoreditch branch, the pizza was excellent. We had the passion fruit cheesecake for dessert which was rather nice

I will definitely be back in the hope that the standards do not drop

• Visited November 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Perfect poached eggs. ”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

The best poached eggs - ever. That was my husband's verdict to his poached eggs carbonara. And my plain poached eggs were very good too. Perfectly soft and deep orange creamy yolks. Coffee was delicious and the atmosphere and service very good. A certain new local brunch stop for us. Can't wait to try the pizzas.

1 Thank BellG_11
London, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere, friendly staff, gorgeous food!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We visited this restaurant before a gig at the nearby Tabernacle. I have wanted to go to a Pizza East restaurant for some time so had quite high expectations!

We had reserved a table for 2 via toptable, which was swift and easy to use.

We were greeted by a friendly member of staff who saw our reservation and promptly took us to the upstairs part of the restaurant for a quieter table. We were shown to a table right in the back corner of the restaurant, but this was by no means the raw end of the deal. It was right near the bar and and near the window so we didn't feel to out of the loop.

Our friendly waiter came and took our drinks order, I went for a Martini Royale and the husband had a beer. We also were offered tap water. My cocktail came and was really refreshing. I do think they could have added more prosecco though! It is meant to be a prosecco based cocktail after all!

For starters we ordered the garlic bread (we had been recommended this my several people!) and the mushroom and Tallegio croquettes. They came within 5-10 minutes, piping hot and were absolutely scrumptious! The croquettes were crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside. They didn't burst in your mouth, merely melted leaving a lingering cheesy taste - a GOOD ONE! The garlic bread was also delicious. You could tell it was fresh bread and the garlic butter was divine.

We ordered a pizza each for our main. I chose the Aubergine, tomato and Pesto with Buffalo Mozzarella and my husband had the sausage and broccoli. My pizza was really tasty. a crispy base even though it was loaded with toppings. The Pesto was fresh and the mozzarella was lovely and light. Only issue I had was the pizza base was a bit dry. It lacked the olive oil taste you get. (This is a key ingredient to pizza dough). The edges/crust went tough/hard quite quickly as did the rest of the pizza. I did find it quite big and couldn't finish it. My husband said his pizza was really delicious, the sausage was exceptionally soft and the broccoli was a great companion!

We didn't have room for dessert and we were running late for our gig too. I think it is one of those places that you can sit for hours ordering dishes as and when you feel like it. I would love to go back with a group of friends and share some of the small plates and sample their huge selection of wine!

Our bill for two drinks, two starters and two pizzas came to a total of £48 including service.

• Visited November 2013
London
“always a good bet”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

consistent in quality, service and vibe. value for money is our main reason to keep coming back at least once a month.

Visited October 2013
Bollington
“Top Pizza”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The best pizza in London. Great atmosphere. You can sit outside when its warm. Drink the prosecco by the carafe rather than glass, its far cheaper.

Visited August 2013