“pizza heaven”

Pizza East Portobello
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizza East Portobello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,365 of 24,239 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

really impressed, great atmosphere and great food. There were loads of staff and servers to cope with the large number of customers. The food was served quickly and the staff were really accomodating and friendly. The pizzas were excellent and the rhubarb cheescake and salt caramel pudding worth going back for to try again. Saw some amazing salads and a mouth watering pork dish come out of the kitchen. Really interesting location worth a stroll up Golbourne Road for even more fab vintage and antique shops (and a great view of the architectural icon the Trelleck Tower).

Reviewed December 9, 2012

At the far end of Portobello Road, about as far north as you can go, this corner restaurant is fun. Toasted garlic bread - wonderful. Pizzas are excellent. The pork belly was crispy and salty, perfectly cooked and one of the best I have had, generous portions too. The prosciutto perfect. Tiramisu not very interesting, the caramel tart better. Good value at GBP 40 a head for the quality of food including wine.

1  Thank JNWSuisse
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Great location on the intersection of Portobello road and Golborne Road and I go past here on my way to the gym at 6.45 am and they are out washing the windows and surrounding pavements. There is an energy about the whole place and,yes, they are usually very busy, because on about five visits now, the food is excellent. My recent visit was with a work colleague who was visiting me in London, he is of Italian descent and rated the chicken dish as equal to his mother's cooking. Now I have no idea how good a cook his mother is but his eyes had misted over and he was licking his lips in satisfaction so I think it meant she was very good. I had a wild boar pizza, it's the devil in me! I just wanted to try wild boar and I know the pizzas here are fantastic with the oven baked crust that has just the right amount of crunch. Good service, although because we were the only ones sitting outside they did seem to forget about us, it was nice and relaxed, good portions and not too expensive. We sat outside and would suggest to others that you don't leave your cigarettes on display unless you like a procession of admirers asking you for one. Put them in your pocket and it stops. Very nice food, we loved the whole experience.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This branch of Pizza East smells awful as soon as you walk in! The pizzas are so average compared to the Shoreditch branch! It's a shame because this Notting Hill branch could be a really nice Sunday place! Stick to Shoreditch on this one! Or else, go to Portobello Organic Kitchen for the mushroom pizza!

1  Thank Anika M
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Thank you to our our concierge at the Sanderson for this reccomendation. This is the best pizza I've have in London, hands down! GREAT food, GREAT atmosphere, GREAT service and GREAT value. I'm a fan!