“A hidden world of silver”

The London Silver Vaults
Ranked #346 of 1,679 things to do in London
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I did not know what to expect when after entering the building just off Chancery Lane, I was asked to go down several flights of stairs (there is a lift) before coming to some huge vault doors. Entering the vaults I found around thirty different silver outlets offering the largest collection of silver I have ever seen. From the most expensive to affordable trinkets, there is something for everyone. Even if you have no interest in buying, it is a place not to miss. Totally eccentric.

1  Thank Kleefeld
There are newer reviews for The London Silver Vaults

Reviewed April 25, 2013

You go down the stairs not knowing what to except, than you see this huge vault door and inside many small shops that are really small vaults with all that you can imagine of silver objects to sell. Even if you do not want to by anything go and check it out, the ambiance has something of old and uniquely english.
On April they had a small exhibition of art deco silver objects - very nice.

3  Thank ABugs
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Visited with my wife, we shall now have to go again and again.

I have a quite old pocket atlas and guide of London (1998).

My wife who collects small siver boxes had actually highlighted this place some time or other but she didn't mention it to me so we have never visited before. It was a really cold day when we were in London and we needed something to do to get into the warm so I was looking through my guide and happened to see the "silver vaults" highlighted so off we went. it is a collection of small businesses all in separate strongrooms and what amazing stock they have on sale. We couldn't do it justice this time but we will definitely be back in the near future.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Best placering to shop for silver. From £5 to a mill. Always some thing new every time I drop by. Be ready to spend a lot of time here. Goodwill dels to be made.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Having spoken to some one who went here years ago, thought it was about time I went for myself. A little hidden underground silver store or stores. The place to visit if you want to buy any thing silver. Most are antiques and the place you need to go if buying any special silver wares. Never seen so many silver tea pots in one place.