“Great venue but way overpriced”
Review of Drink Shop & Do

Drink Shop & Do
Ranked #3,164 of 22,552 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Cafe, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Drink, Shop & Do is a cafe by day, bar by night with fun things to DO! It's hidden behind a sweet shop in an old Victorian bath house in Kings Cross. We are open all day, every day for cocktails, afternoon tea, shopping, drinking, dancing and fun things to DO.
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Great venue but way overpriced”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went at the weekend to meet some friends. A cool location near Kings Cross Station. It is designed in a 50's or 60's cutsie fashion, but poorly. I can cope with that but not the prices which were way over the top. I'm sure this can be a fun place but I know many more fun places at half the price.

One glowing star was the young girl in the shop area - she was so nice and welcoming.

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank JOESKY123

London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant time at Drink Shop Do”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went to drink shop do for a hen party. We opted for a fascinator workshop followed by a cream tea. Right from the start the staff were professional friendly and informative. On the day itself the fascinator workshop was lots of fun and we all ended up with something pretty. The cream tea was home made and absolutely delicious. We had a gluten free hen and she said it's one of the best gluten free cream teas she's ever had as so few places can cater for her. The atmosphere was friendly and vintage. The whole experience was fantastic, I'd highly recommend this venue for activities and food whether you're going with a few friends or are with a large group.

• Visited April 2013
Rustington, United Kingdom
“Great fun, but not good value”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went to Drink Shop Do for a hen party. We had afternoon tea and all had vintage hair and make up done. The venue itself was lovely and the quirky style was perfect for our vintage theme. We were in a separate area at the back of the cafe, which we had to ourselves for most of the time we were there. We had a cocktail on arrival, which was tasty and a lovely start to the party. We were served afternoon tea and as we ate, one by one we had our hair and make up done.

I had the gluten free afternoon tea, which was a bit disappointing for £27. I had a cake stand with 6 small sandwiches (ham and mustard, salmon paste and cream cheese and cucumber), one cheese and one fruit scone, a mini victoria sponge and two tiny chocolate brownie hearts. It was all tasty, except the cheese scone with was very dry and the chocolate flavour of the brownies was very strong and the texture a little bit gritty. I was disappointed mainly because this is the kind of food you make yourself at home, nothing special enough to warrant the high price. I had expected something a bit more elaborate and professional. However, I was pleased that my gluten free tea looked much the same as everyone else's and I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything because I was gluten free.

The two women who did the vintage hair and make up were brilliant. We all looked fantastic when we were all done up and it really put us in the mood for a party. This was worth the £35 we paid and the hen was so happy she asked them to do the hair for the wedding. The only small downer on this was that the venue hadn't allowed enough time for everyone to get finished, so we ended up behind schedule. We did get a glass of sparkling wine each as an apology though.

Overall we had a great time at Drink Shop Do and it was a good venue for a hen party. If they improved the quality or lowered the price of the afternoon tea then it would be perfect.

2 Thank bubbasmum
“Cool and trendy fun”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had arranged my birthday party over the Easter weekend and Grace had kindly reserved me the enormous rear room with an equally enormous glitter ball hanging from the ceiling. This is much more than anything my friends and I were expecting, so thank you. The bar staff were friendly from start to finish. The crowd there was extremely cool but totally unpretentious - a rare feat these days!

The venue is split into 2 parts, the top floor and the basement. The basement is where the dance floor is. The music is eclectic with bursts of commercial music thrown in.

My only issue was that whilst it was great to have our own room on the top floor , the music was a bit too chilled out for our liking and so our group moved down in small numbers downstairs each time to have a bit of a boogie. I would suggest that if ever the back room is reserved for a party that perhaps that room can have a separate music feed?

The only other thing was that I had a fancy dress theme for my party and I think the place is perhaps too cool for such a type of party but this is my fault for not reccying the place beforehand!

Notwithstanding the above, the place is great fun with lovely bar staff and I would highly recommend it!

1 Thank SafH H
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent hen-do experience - can't wait to return!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

12 of us went to Drink Shop Do for my sister-in-law's Hen-do, and we LOVED it! The whole booking and planning process was fantastic, Grace was brilliant.

The event itself was so enjoyably, the activity (garter making) was well explained to us (by Ash) and really fun. It's a great thing to do on a hen-do. The music and venue make for a laid-back and quirky atmosphere.

We can't wait to come back - thanks for a wonderful time!