“Rip off”
Review of Drink, Shop & Do

Drink, Shop & Do
Ranked #3,034 of 23,357 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Discreetly tucked away in the saucy setting of a Victorian bathhouse, Drink, Shop & Do are all about the good times. By day: a mild-mannered King’s Cross café and spritz bar serving specialty teas, coffees, healthy lunches and dreamy cakes. By night: a merry den of drinking and dancing, where guests can reconnect with their inner big kid. Keen to get crafty? DSD is the place for you. You’ll find an events schedule packed with everything from Lego Robots to Play With Clay, Lionel Rich Tea to Papier Mache Monsters. They're usually free to take part; just buy a drink and get stuck in. Slip on your dancing shoes come Friday and Saturday where you'll catch our resident DJs playing old skool favourites, the classics you can't help but dance to and the new releases you're desperately trying to Shazam. It's free to get in before 10pm, too. Party ’til 2am, get some kip then return for brunch; where you'll find DSD serving unlimited bagels, booze and board games all day.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The place is nice enough and we had a pleasant time there - but it is horrendously overpriced. £28 for 6 tiny slices of sandwich, 2 small scones, 2 small cakes and a pot of tea. Plus a service charge when the bill comes. Unbelievable. Tea at the Ritz is only slightly more expensive, but for much more food.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

There is an amazing selection of teas at the above cafe. I found it refreshing to be able to eat cake and drink delicious tea at seven thirty at night. The cake was very tasty, there was plenty of good quality leaf tea a mixture of Assam and Darjeeling mixture called Royal Windsor in a big brown pot, even I couldn't drink it all.

I will have to revisit again so that I can sample some of the different teas on offer. And of course to get crafty with the "Do" title of this cafe.

Unbelievably this cafe stays open until 2 am some nights! Just minutes away from King Cross Station.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I went to DSD for my 30th Birthday and chose afternoon tea with a twist and the vintage styling do. The place itself is really quirky and had a great atmosphere and loved the vintage crockery. The afternoon tea was really good, the nicest selection of sandwiches with inventive breads and really good little cakes and the amount was just right. Also the pear bellinis were very very good! They also catered well to a couple of our dietary requests.

The service was good with the staff being very attentive even though they were clearly rushed off their feet.

The vintage styling was very good with all 8 of us having different styles/looks and the girls who done the hair and makeup were very friendly, however it was done in the main tea room so felt a bit in the way - i'd advise asking for the back room if you want to do this in future.

Price wise it was slightly expensive, £60 each, however was an enjoyable afternoon and a real treat for my 30th so was worth the money and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

I'd definitely go back again for tea and cake in future!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Having had a couple of disappointing experiences at DSD I have decided never again. It is shockingly over priced- afternoon tea at the Wolseley is cheaper and better value. The staff vary between apathetic and down right rude.
What is a great concept is ruined by the greed of the owners and poor performance of the staff.
One of the very few places I have refused to leave a tip.

Kristie B, Owner at Drink, Shop & Do, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Rosetint. I'm really sorry you've had two less than perfect experiences at Drink, Shop & Do. And I'm sorry you didn't feel you were able to approach myself or another manager directly with your concerns. When we opened Drink, Shop & Do we set out to give customers a magical and inspirational experience. Our Afternoon Teas are a source of pride for us, people generally rave about them, and our main source of new customers is word of mouth. Clearly you didn't have this experience. If the Afternoon Tea was not up to standard, the waiter could and should have resolved it for you at the time. We’re very proud of our team, they are usually very friendly and welcoming. They are also usually well informed and helpful. It's hard to know exactly how the communication went awry on your visit without discussing it with you. We're always working hard to make every customers experience special. Thank you for your feedback: if you don’t tell us where we're going wrong we may never know. May I ask that you contact me so that we can take further details from you? Kind regards Kristie Bishop & Coralie Sleap

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went to Drink, Shop & Do for a Hen Party and had a fantastic time. The Hair Fascinator "do" was so much fun and simple enough for non-crafty people like me to follow! The Afternoon Tea with a Twist consisted of tasty sandwiches, scones and mini cakes with a lovely seasonal pear Bellini. There was plenty of food for everyone (1 stand for 2 people). The venue was very fitting and easy to get to and the staff were very friendly, helpful and very patient with a group of 20! We'll all be recommending DSD to everyone :)