“Full of nice people!”
Review of Drink, Shop & Do

Drink, Shop & Do
Ranked #2,795 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Discreetly tucked away in the saucy setting of a Victorian bathhouse, Drink, Shop & Do are all about the good times. By day: a mild-mannered King’s Cross café and spritz bar serving specialty teas, coffees, healthy lunches and dreamy cakes. By night: a merry den of drinking and dancing, where guests can reconnect with their inner big kid. Keen to get crafty? DSD is the place for you. You’ll find an events schedule packed with everything from Lego Robots to Play With Clay, Lionel Rich Tea to Papier Mache Monsters. They're usually free to take part; just buy a drink and get stuck in. Slip on your dancing shoes come Friday and Saturday where you'll catch our resident DJs playing old skool favourites, the classics you can't help but dance to and the new releases you're desperately trying to Shazam. It's free to get in before 10pm, too. Party ’til 2am, get some kip then return for brunch; where you'll find DSD serving unlimited bagels, booze and board games all day.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went to drink shop & do last Saturday for a friends birthday for the first time and was so so surprised (in a good way).

The main thing that got me- there were no rude people in there. Not one. Yes people were having a drink and being silly at times but hey were not obnoxious, rude or hostile. It was great.

The bar staff were also so friendly- it was busy but they kept their calm and were smiley and polite.

The drinks yes not your standard £3.00 for a cheap glass of wine (that will give you such a bad hangover that you can't open your eyes in the morning) but were tasty which in my books is the main thing.

If you haven't been and want to hang out in a nice interesting place with great people go! Plus I saw they do dance classes in the week which I would go to it I lived nearer. Seriously who doesn't want to learn to dance like MC Hammer?!?

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I went recently for a Hens party. While I found the décor really quirky and fun I found the price a bit steep. We arrived at 4 for afternoon tea and fascinator making, this tied with 2 cocktails for each of us (there were 8) it came to £60 each.
The fascinators were no more than a piece of ribbon stitched together sewn with some buttons and feathers and stuck on a ‘veil’, we all said that none of us would wear it again. I had a friend that has been fascinator making before and her fascinator was stunning and something you would feel proud to wear again – and this is what I was expecting. I do find it a waste of money to make something you won’t wear again (and it’s not just my personal taste, it is something we all mentioned).
We had belinis which were good. Cocktails were priced at £8 - £10 each. The afternoon tea was what you would expect. I would have liked to see more topping in sandwiches. I am more a savoury than sweet person and found that the sweet stuff was good, and not overbearingly sweet as it sometimes can be in high tea.

They needed our table back as there was a reservation at 7:30 and so we were quite rushed at the end and felt like I did not get time to enjoy the high tea. We then moved downstairs to continue drinks, but it was still quite early and only started filling up after about an hour. I found the music was not to great – not good dancing hens night music which is a pity as the venue is pretty quirky and cute.

I might go back again for a drink or 2, I wouldn’t spend my whole night there and I wouldn’t recommend the activities part, an awesome concept but would like better value from the products.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've followed DSD on Facebook for a while, so when a friend offered to take me there after a visit to the Wellcome collection, I was excited.

It is a lovely quirky venue with lots of vintage mismatched furniture (all for sale!) and an extensive afternoon tea venue. I was very excited that they have a 'gluten free cake of the day' as eating out when gluten intolerant can often be restrictive. On Saturday it was pistachio and rose with cream cheese topping, and was moist, tasty and lush. I also had a hot chocolate, which comes in a vintage tea cup, with a jug full of chocolate to top up your drink. This was also lovely, but could have been hotter, as by the time it got to the table I had to drink it straight away (before my cake arrived) or it would have been stone cold.
Our friends who ordered cold drinks paid £2 each for glasses that were mainly ice, with a slurp of drink in, and my other friend had to remind the staff about her hot chocolate and butter for her crumpets, which was soon brought. I imagine that events here are great fun, but during the day, I thought it was a little expensive for what it was, and could have been better organised. The GF cake really was very, very good though!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I booked the Dome Room at Drink Shop Do for a business meeting before Christmas and wasn't disappointed. The building itself is beautiful with high ceilings and quirky decoration, including a giant disco ball. The mismatched furniture and vintage decoration sets it apart from the identikit surrounding gastropubs. We enjoyed lunch,which was very tasty and cakes from the extensive collection. Portions are generous especially the door stop size cake slices. Later we sampled a few of the very inventive cocktails which went down a treat.
I will definitely be back this time for pleasure. It was a joy to find such a unique venue in one of the less glamorous parts of town..

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I've been in to Drink Shop & Do a few times now. Every time I am pleased with the kitsch styling and interesting cards/gifts (which are more interesting after one or two from the varied cocktail menu) although like many London bars I quietly grumble that it's overpriced.

There are some fab events that happen here. Maybe have a drink before you get there, so you don't feel quite so parched when you do finally get your cocktail (nice selection, particularly if you go downstairs for gin).

Each time we have been in (in groups of 3-7, weeknights) and sat upstairs in the bar, it seems to take a while to get acknowledged by someone to take our order (even on nights we've reserved a table).

The food menu is interesting - nice selection of afternoon teas etc seem to be available, although I was a bit disappointed with my game stew, the main meat of which was sausage. Bit lacking overall, tasty enough.

Each time I've been at least one of us ends up waiting a good 10-15 mins for the friendly-looking waiter/ess to come back after taking our order (if they remember to bring a pad) to say they don't have an ingredient in stock. About the time it would take, probably, to pop to Tesco and buy what's missing. Speed, and stocktaking, do not seem to be a priority.

This is almost made up for by the quirky events that are held there. Cocktails and build your own lego robots? Yes please. But would be better if the cocktails arrived before the lego.

There is a SPLENDID selection of gins downstairs in what used to be a sex shop basement. I imagine the downstairs is AWEsome for dancing and party nights. It's just a bit of a shame about the supremely slow table service upstairs.