“Great fun”
Review of Platform 9 3/4

Platform 9 3/4
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

It's great fun for all fans. We went at lunchtime on a Thursday and queued for about 5/10mins. There were a couple of members if staff who were really into it and having a laugh and took "professional" photos but there was no pressure to buy their photos. Everyone took there own photos on their cameras/phones which was fine.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Yes, it would be better if this photo opportunity were a little hidden secret of HP fans. Unfortunately HP's fandom is such that there are no secrets anymore.

Came on a Sunday afternoon around 5 PM (in July) and waited ~1 hour to take a photo. There is a 2-person team of professional photographer and a funny cheerleader who tosses your scarf into the air. He shouts encouragements to look happy, to pretend you are rushing into the wall, to jump into the air. Although the wait is long, the atmosphere is light-hearted. The expressions of other fans is entertaining as well---makes the time go by. You have your choice of house scarfs. When it was our turn, the team was patient and allowed us to take our own photos too. You can also purchase professional photos at the shop next door.

The shop sells merchandise that is expensive. You can buy these on the WB website for the same or less money, and don't have to carry them home. Yes, the atmosphere is frenetic and the fans are sometimes unruly. It is a very small space. You can look at the poster of all of the text of "Sorcerer's Stone" squeezed onto one poster page. You'll also find wands and Hermione's purse. And of course, time turners galore.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

So...I visited this little attraction a while back in 2010 as it was a fun little piece of Harry Potter to take part in. I decided, while waiting on my train back home, to revisit this little piece of the station only too discover that rather than a little piece of fandom, its changed into a complete tourist attraction with it's own little shop next door.

Last time I went there was no queuing for a professional photo that you have to pay a lot of money for, it used to simply be that you'd get your turn to take your own photo with your own camera! I chose not to wait in a line as, you'd be there for hours which isn't worth it! However, we decided to look around the shop in simple interest as Harry Potter fans.

OVER PRICED!! Honestly, as a Harry Potter fan, I don't mind paying money but seriously, £33 for a scarf and £60 for a jumper, both of which are poorly stitched? No chance!! Also, the shop is left in such a state and an atmosphere of chaos is found as tourists of all nationalities fight over items and queue spaces! I decided to buy a wand since I didn't want to go home with nothing (I picked Voldermorts) and I had to fight to get served. Members of staff also looked fed up and I can't really blame them; surely there need to be someone to manage the rude customers?

Overall, I found the most recent visit pointless! Why does everything turn into a way to make money? This piece of fandom was perfect as it was as fans were polite enough to take turns before, now its turned into a fight! Also, the shops so overpriced, you can find better quality items online and I recommend you do! Its not worth fighting to keep your space in the queue just to spend too much money on one item!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Fans will get a buzz out of this gimmick which is located in the foyer of Kings Cross station. The real platform used in the movie is platform 4 which is recognisable by the arches (although it looks like the station has been modernised since the original movie was filmed.
We visited there late at night and there was still a steady stream of people wanting to have their pictures taken in front of the sign.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Made the treck to King's Cross During our family vacation at the behest of my 15 year old daughter who is a huge Harry Potter fan. The overwhelming sense of disappointment she felt when we found no Platform 9 3/4, staged or otherwise can't possibly be described here. There is no platform and nothing resembling the set at all. The attraction is basically a cut out trolley cart mounted in a wall with a placard above it that says "Platform 9 3/4". There is an usher that moves the queue along with his good humor, but the real joke is that this isn't a platform, it is a publicity stunt for Warner Bros to collect a few extra tourist dollars. The attraction itself is free, but there is both a professional photographer at the "platform" as well as a Platform 9 3/4 gift shop nearby. My daughter took the obligatory photos and we were off to the gift shop to drop a few pounds for a certificate that denoted her regal visit to this royal waste of time.

If you really must go, then most likely this review will not stop you, but prepare to be very disappointed and wishing you hadn't wasted valuable touring time on the tube getting to this train station.