“Good food, but I completely agree with the staff issue!!!”

Chinese Cricket Club
Ranked #1,664 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: Located in the Square Mile, opposite Blackfriars station, we invite you experience our modern menu of Chinese specialities created by Executive Chef Ken Wang. Chef Wang's individual style of cooking fuses modern techniques with traditional, authentic flavours. Established since 2009, Chinese Cricket Club is an AA Rosette restaurant and holds a certificate of excellence awarded by Trip Advisor. The restaurant is named in honour of the original Chinese National Cricket team, who played their first international match in 2009. We continue our connection to the sport through our sponsorship of the Kia Oval - Surrey County Cricket Club. Proud Holder of 1 AA Rosette
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Went here with a client today and had the £35 set menu. The food was great, although I am not sure we had £35 worth of food??!!! Anyway, started with sliced duck and chilli prawns. Then had a beef dish for main with some Singapore noodles and can't remember what else. The meal finished with some diced melon and a scoop of (good quality, I might add!!!) ice cream.

Personally I think the quality of the food is good, I found it a little expensive for what it was and the beer was pretty lumpy too. Bill for 3 of us was £180 (we tend to drink a fair bit!!!).

In terms of the staff, I was forever waving my hands, even at the end for the bill. It was not as though they were overrun either. I was jealous, gazing at the pub opposite with people sitting outside in the glorious sunshine. I was stuck inside a Chinese restaurant with hardly anyone in and virtually no service.

Despite some of my negative comments, I would go back...probably in the winter!!!

1  Thank ChrisGower1975
There are newer reviews for Chinese Cricket Club

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had a dinner one Saturday evening. The restaurant was busy, in spite of the fact just 2 staff. Consequently the food and the drinks were late+they visibly didnt have time to look after the guests properly :( shame!

1  Thank Gregory S
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Service was slow, and they weren't rude, just didn't seem to care. Had to ask for plum sauce twice. They didn't apologise for forgetting. Then we had over ordered - saw people next to us had tupperware-like containers. Considering we spent over £100, you would have thought they'd be happy to do doggy bag. No way, he brought some paper containers to the table. I said could you not do tupperware and not make me do it myself - he said "we ran out of plastic containers". Never again. It's a shame because it's the only Chinese restaurant in EC4 and my business companion and I are never going back.

1  Thank JanDLondon
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I ordered some Dim Sum from this restaurant and had it as in-room dining since the restaurant itself seems to get pretty crowded in the evening. As others have noted there's not a lot of fancy dining places in this neighborhood so it does fill up. I was expecting the Dim Sum to be kind of on the hotel-frozen side as this is in a chain hotel (although a very nice one), but it was surprisingly fresh and tasty and nicely presented with good sauces on the side. Would eat here again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel restaurant is in a part of the City that is a bit of a wasteland for decent restaurants, and it performs decently. Portions are not large, but were well-cooked and flavorful. Service was not particularly attentive, despite only three or four tables in the restaurant being occupied at dinner.

Probably a better bet at lunchtime when it might have a bit more "buzz". Very expensive for what you get.