“Excellent Chinese Food”

Chinese Cricket Club
Ranked #1,887 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: Located on the corner of New Bridge Street in Blackfriars, we invite you experience our modern menu of Sichuan specialities created by Executive head chef Ken Wang. Chef Wang's individual style of cooking fuses modern techniques with traditional, authentic flavours. The flavours of every dish have been created with great respect for the origins and originators of Sichuan food. Established since 2009, Chinese Cricket Club is an AA Rosette restaurant and holds a certificate of excellence awarded by Trip Advisor. The restaurant is named in honour of the original Chinese National Cricket team, who played their first international match in 2009. We continue our connection to the sport through our sponsorship of the Kia Oval - Surrey County Cricket Club. Proud Holder of 1 AA Rosette
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Excellent Chinese Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Chinese Cricket Club is inside the Crowne Plaza London City and faces out onto New Bridge Street. We are not very familiar with Chinese Food so settled for one of the set menus with a recommended bottle of Beaujolais, We had no regrets, there was a great variety of subtle tastes served at just the right speed to keep us going without feeling pressurised. A great experience, we will be back

• Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
Wales, United Kingdom
“Interesting but quite expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were a large party who had booked the special Christmas menu. The food was well cooked, presented in a stylish manner, and plentiful. I am no expert on Chinese cuisine, but a friend stated that most of it was pretty authentic, and as he is of Oriental origin I am not going to argue with that or his verdict that it was very tasty!

The service was very good, as a couple of our party were late arriving due to transport difficulties, but the staff seemed happy to delay our meal for a few minutes.

My overall impression is that this would be an excellent venue to splash out on a special occasion.

• Visited December 2012
“Amazing Chinese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

During our recent visit to London, my girlfriend and I decided to eat here. She loves Chinese food, me I'd never been that keen but it was a treat for her so off we went. We'd read some reviews here about it and it sounded promising. On arrival, we were the only ones there, which worried me somewhat, but boy was I wrong! We were greeted by a friendly waiter who took us to our table. We were immediately offered drinks and brought the menus as well as offered advice on it, which for someone who normally goes for sweet and sour chicken balls was quite handy!!

When we ordered, the food was brought very promptly. It was simply amazing. I had kung po chicken which was a delight to taste, wonderful flavours and evidently the freshest of ingredients. We had the cheapest bottle of Chilean red (£24) and that was wonderful too.

Ok, its not cheap; for two of us with a bottle of wine was near enough £80, however it was well worth it and next time were in London, we will definitely be visiting.

Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
“Best Chinese I Found in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Chinese food is typically my first choice and one that is difficult for me to view as meeting my expectations. The Chinese Cricket Club in London is one that has meet my expectations and I feel is the best so far.

The food is fantastic, service outstanding and atmosphere pleasant and quiet. This is a keeper.

• Visited November 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A disappointing let down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We visited the restaurant after it was recommended to us, never again. Severely lacking in atmosphere, somewhat bored and indifferent staff and a distinctly average menu which is extremely overpriced.

• Visited October 2012