“Great place to have Ice cream in a different way!”
Review of Chin Chin Labs

Chin Chin Labs
Ranked #17 of 480 Dessert in London
Reviewed September 2, 2014

The fun thing at Chin Chin it's you will try a completely different flavor of ice cream.
I tried the basilic one, stange but very good. You can had some toping that you are not use too, like grilled white chocolat. The waiting is not so bad, be patient, it's Worthing.

Reviewed September 1, 2014

Camden lock is a Mecca for any teen or pre teen and has a shed load of restaurants and street food stalls. Take your pick, but leave room for pudding!
Chin Chin is a quirky ice cream shop that has mastered its art. Made with liquid nitrogen, the ice cream is the smoothest you will ever have, no ice crystals. Great flavours and fab toppings. My kids love the honeycomb and the grilled white chocolate.
Extremely friendly and informative staff who are happy to explain the process and be photographed whilst doing so. Have taken my teens here for a weekly treat during the school holidays, we'll miss it this week!
Thanks guys for our summer treats, see you next half term.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

When I saw the website I thought this place must be pure gimmick but, being a sucker for gimmicks, I was straight down there.

Outside was a long queue and I usually won't queue for food as queuing for food is something I associate with school dinners/the former Soviet Union. The weird thing is that this time an inner voice told me to stay, so I did.

At the front of the queue I chose the peach caramel crumble ice cream (actually it had a much more dramatic trade name that temporarily escapes me). The staff made it and poured the nitrogen into the mixture. I defy anyone not to feel a childish sense of magic as the mixture steams, bubbles and freezes instantly.

The ice cream...incredible! It almost made want to get married again just to get these guys to cater the desert. The lack of ice crystals makes the ice cream smoother than a James Bond chat up line and the authentic flavour is straight out of a Willy Wonka factory lab.

I've been back quite a few times and now I tell anyone who'll listen (as well as loads who don't) how good this place is. Oh, and at Xmas they have the best eggnog I've ever tasted in this country.

There's one little naughty - they close at 6:45pm so no late night
ice cream binges.

Basically, if anyone's reading this review from death row: order your final meal from Chin Chin...you won't be sorry.

2  Thank DKrushner
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Came across this ice cream parlour ( more laboratory ) by accident. Saw how many people were waiting outside so decided to give it a try. If you have never had Nitro Ice Cream try it. The flavours are different to the norm and you get to see it made in front of your eyes in about 10 seconds. The result is a smooth ice free cream.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

The Chin Chin labs shop is really quirky and fun to visit. The equipment is interesting to watch and the staff are friendly and pretty much performance actors who add an element of theatre to the ordering process. Unfortunately my icrecream was absolutely foul. I ordered one of the specials - purple basil. It mainly tasted of salt, seemed to be artificially coloured an unattractive greying lilac and was full of salty chunks of chocolate. I had to throw it. If I were going to buy gourmet icecream again I'd go to Gelupo where unusual flavours are balanced more carefully.

1  Thank 186402Sarah1984