“Thank you tripadvisor!”
Review of Chin Chin Labs

Chin Chin Labs
Ranked #18 of 459 Dessert in London
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Although I'd been to Camden a good few times, I had never noticed this tiny little ice cream place before but after reading reviews about it I went on an active hunt. I am so glad I did. We got there in the snow so made sure we retraced our steps once it had stopped so we could try it. The guy making the ice cream was so friendly and talkative, explaining the process to us once we'd said we hadn't been there before. There were four base flavours of ice cream and then a variety of toppings to choose from. There were no size choices - one pot of ice cream and one topping or sauce were included in the price, with extra topping at an additional cost. I'm grateful there was only one size - this ice cream was so rich and smooth I wouldn't have been able to eat a larger pot. My boyfriend had the vanilla with grilled white chocolate. I had the chocolate and was told the raspberry sauce would go well - he was not wrong! It was a delicious combination. I want to live in London just for this place.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It doesn't matter what the weather is, our children demand a visit here. Liquid nitrogen ensures the smoothest ice cream, only a few flavours but top quality ingredients and interesting flavours as well as popping candy and salted caramel toppings. Flavours include valrhona chocolate, French toast and Mexican cola.

3  Thank Woodychester1
Reviewed January 6, 2013

As well as enjoying the market in Camden the family always stop here for the smoothest ice cream you will ever taste, the flavours are always interesting and even the deliberately limited flavours that change are a positive, previous greats have included French toast, Mexican cola and valrhona chocolate. Add some salted caramel or popping candy and you have an indulgent treat hat you must try.

1  Thank Woodychester1
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Wowza, you haven't lived in London till you've been here. I love every visit and love bringing people here, it never lets down and is a real spectacle. Lovely staff who are incredibly thoughful and knowledgable too. Incredibly value for what you're getting considering Heston charges huge amounts for just vanilla!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Children of all ages will love this (adults too!) You feel as if you are witnessing some great chemical experiment which is fun but even better the ice cream tastes lovely too. Not cheap (£4) but as a one off well worth it in my opinion.