“Zorba rip off” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Zorba rip off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Booked hers as the nearest restaurant to our hotel. Owner very friendly on booking and on arrival. However half dead flowers on tables, dirty pictures, and decor. Ushered downstairs to what he said was the party room where we could have a drink and nibbles and then go upstairs. The nibbles consisted of two plates of olives and peppers and we did not see a drink or a menu for an hr. Music pretty rubbish too. In the end we asked could we go upstairs and then sat another half hr before he took our orders. He persuaded us to order extras we didn't want.Wine was in a glass jar and seemed to be watered down. Dirty glasses. Waited ages for food to arrive . Some of it was good, but some terrible. Kleftico turned out to be a dry lamb shank. The whole bill came to £288 including £35 service charge which we did not pay. In hindsight we should have walked out but didn't want to be stuck with nowhere else to go. Owner was dressed in a track suit top and base ball cap. Stopped being friendly once we had ordered and completely ignored us when we left. AWFUL

3 Thank fletcherviv

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Pasadena, California
“Incredible food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very good food and service! All food so fresh and prepared to order. My Dad got the sea bass, it was not a piece of fish but the whole fish! I had pork chop, very tasty. Starters/salads, all wonderful.

Riga, Latvia
“Only visitor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Having need to eat something around 4 P.M. entered this place. I was alone with chef and got some greek fare. Lamb chop was delicious, however it took some time to prepare it.

London, United Kingdom
“Very authentic, very poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Greece a few times and I've found that often the grubbiest resterants can serve the best food. Not this one.

Other reviewers have said it all so don't bank on good food here and I wish I'd checked my app before taking the plunge. I also wish Zorba would read these reviews cos' if he upped his game he'd have a great venue but I suspect he's neither that bothered or that savvy.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank SiPiC57
Lewes, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My only other experience of a meal in a Greek restaurant was in Paris. And there is NO comparison. The overall experience was disappointing as the food was not that good to counterbalance the lack of atmosphere and the impression of untidiness

• Visited February 2012