“Good food, Excellent staff”

Bread Street Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Bread Street Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,568 of 24,264 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We came in a little bit late, quite hungry, and most other restaurants had been closing their kitchens. Quite creatively, the manager said he was happy to have us but said due to time restrictions they could only serve us burger. We were delighted with that, as we were really hungry and didn't want to keep looking.
The burger were quite nice, I think I've had a burger at most burger places you can think of in London and can safely say this is a good one.
It was a quick mid-week dinner but I'll always recommend the restaurant if only because they were creative enough to gain some business and accommodate us, leaving us with a very good impression of both the food and the staff/service. Anyone who's been stuck hungry in London when the kitchens start closing knows how priceless that experience was.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,214)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The service as you enter is excellent though the service during the meal was ok to good. The food itself was nice but only in a gastro pub way.

The venue itself is nice though little things let it down such as having a wobbly table.

The meatball starter was very good, whilst the main course of scallops with bacon was good but no more than you would expect. As I said above, it's gastro pub but not fine cuisine.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I ate at Bread Street Kitchen with 3 friends and it was just about OK. The food was nice enough, but no better than decent pub grub. I agree with other reviewers about the service - it was awful. It was a very disappointing experience and there is really nothing to make me recommend it.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We went on a Friday night with friends - the place is so spacious that it has an imposing feel which is surprisingly welcoming at the same time - there is lots of space, you don't feel cramped and the volume is such you can still have a proper conversation across the table. The menu is extensive across raw; grill; other and can take some time to digest. Our starters were fine, and the main courses were considered excellent by all except for the medium-well done sirloin steak. My pork belly was delicious and huge. The hand cut chips as a side are a must - they are fabulous - large, tasty and not greasy at all. For pudding the chocolate tart and the chocolate fondant were both very good. All in all, a most pleasant night out with attentive service.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just been for a meal. I am currently walking with crutches. Struggled through a crowded bar to reach the lift, as advised by a member of staff. Lift doors failed to close, member of staff came to help - no joy. So I had to struggle up LOTS of stairs. The implication was they knew there was a problem but no-one downstairs mentioned the lift I could have used in the shopping centre. No toilet paper in the disabled loo. They had to move tables etc. from in front of the disabled loo. I spoke to the restaurant manager about this. Come on Gordon Ramsey - you should not be treating disabled customers like this.
Food was very good; coffee was excellent.