“Nice local Italian Restaurant”
Review of Attilio's

Attilio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Attilio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,750 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Clerkenwell
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had not eaten here for a couple of years and forgotten what a nice restaurant it is. It is small and intimate and has a good atmosphere. We ate from the evening set menu which was great value at £13.95 which included a starter, main course and coffee.
Food is good. I had the homemade Minestrone and a very nice risotto.
Simple restaurant but if you're in the area and want Italian it is very good quality and well priced with good service.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Yes there is a lovely lad outside encouraging you to come in, but he is not pushy. The interior is cosy with a nice ambience, the staff were really nice, never missed your eye when we wanted something. We both had the fixed price menu at £12.95. We both started with the calamari, I had a pizza, which was fine, not the best I have ever had but quite acceptable, my partner had spaghetti vongole which was very nice. On the table were olives, bread, oil etc.,
I would go back, perhaps not the best Italian in the area but very acceptable and good if you have limited time.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Recommended by my colleague, who has visited many times. We were politely greeted at the door and escorted to our table, where we were offered a complimentary drink, olives and bread. All the staff were attentive and nothing unruffled them - even when the lights went out! (candles provided).

Food was good, atmosphere was great. Within ten minutes of us arriving, all tables were full. There was no hard sell by the waiter outside, just a warm welcome. Great value for money.

Will definitely return when I'm next in London.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I never write reviews but having just eaten in this restaurant a few hour ago I felt compelled to tell people what it is like.

There was someone standing outside trying to entice people in with the £12.95 2 course lunch special. I should have known to walk past at this point as any good restaurants wouldn't need to employ this tactic.

We were quickly seated and to be fair the service was good. We ordered starters of calamari and meatballs which were both good.
I had to use the bathroom, to get there I had to walk through a small section of the kitchen which I thought was odd. When I saw the chefs standing around and having a chat I should have realised something was wrong.

We had both ordered pizzas for mains. When they arrived they were clearly pre bought pizza bases. The exact same size, colour and consistency. I was very disappointed having had such a nice starter. It was dry, lacking in sauce and thrown together. I thought we would have got a better pizza from a supermarket, charging £10 for a pizza of this quality is a total rip off!

This is the worst restaurant I have been to in years. They clearly don't rely on repeat business and must rely on people unfamiliar with the area.

2  Thank City_girl2014
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We ate here in the early afternoon on a Saturday in December. The restaurant was quiet and at one point, we were the only ones dining but we had a very enjoyable experience. The food was fresh, good quality and served promptly and without fuss. The wine was lovely and our meal ended with complimentary Limoncello. We paid £60 for two courses with wine; I've paid much more for far worse quality. I'd definitely visit again.