The Old Explorer
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I was attending a urgent call of nature at BHS when returning to wife & friends spotted through the window the old explorer.
On entering this establishment the warm & friendly atmosphere enveloped you this was a credit to all the team, great, imaginative menu ( stoopy action packed soup gorgeous) real ale, wouldn't,t have spotted this gem if not for natures call..

Reviewed January 7, 2014

So a meal for 4 of a Soup, A Sandwich, Another Sandwich and a Fish & Chips wasn't even ready more than an hour after ordering. Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't Soup always in a bowl waiting just to be served and a sandwich is just a sandwich?

That day the restaurant was full of angry customers who didn't get their food on time or at all. Were we offered a free drink? No. To "make up for it" we were told that NEXT TIME we come we'd get a free drink.

We're never going to get that drink as we're never going again - and I think that goes for most of the people there that day.

And to think I'd heard things said before but I'm a very fair person so was willing to give them a try.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Went to this pub on Wednesday for a leaving party, we had a fairly large area downstairs, private and away from other pub guests.
Have to say that although the place looks a bit scrappy, the food that they served was great! Nice and tasty.... The place would benefit from some refub works to give it a new fresh look, but overall it was ok... 3* for me :)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Went here today after a trying morning at the hospital. Finally found a seat, chose our food and I went to the bar. It wasn't that busy but the staff were slow. I waited........ until what looked like the manager came along. To be fair he had only just arrived in the bar area so I expected him to ask the 4 people standing there who was next, but he didn't, he just started serving a young girl. When I said I was there first, instead of apologising to the girl and making her wait he launched into me verbally. He was very sarcastic and quite aggressive in his manner. I told him to stick his food & went to get my partner, on the way out I requested an apology but was met with a brick wall. So we can add ignorant to the list of his traits as well. Greene king will be hearing from me because I do deserve an apology and they need to know how this Neanderthal treats the customers.

1  Thank TraceyHertfordshire
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Went for leaving drinks charged £4.20 for a bottle of beer,this is expensive ,the meant no one would buy a round as it would cost over £50.

Food was poor and overpriced,had Nachos to share but small portion and not shareable.

Good for tourists but better pubs around the area

1  Thank april29th2001