“Embarrassingly took our boss for "dinner" there...”
Review of The Old Explorer - CLOSED

The Old Explorer
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Reviewed January 7, 2014

So a meal for 4 of a Soup, A Sandwich, Another Sandwich and a Fish & Chips wasn't even ready more than an hour after ordering. Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't Soup always in a bowl waiting just to be served and a sandwich is just a sandwich?

That day the restaurant was full of angry customers who didn't get their food on time or at all. Were we offered a free drink? No. To "make up for it" we were told that NEXT TIME we come we'd get a free drink.

We're never going to get that drink as we're never going again - and I think that goes for most of the people there that day.

And to think I'd heard things said before but I'm a very fair person so was willing to give them a try.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Went to this pub on Wednesday for a leaving party, we had a fairly large area downstairs, private and away from other pub guests.
Have to say that although the place looks a bit scrappy, the food that they served was great! Nice and tasty.... The place would benefit from some refub works to give it a new fresh look, but overall it was ok... 3* for me :)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Went here today after a trying morning at the hospital. Finally found a seat, chose our food and I went to the bar. It wasn't that busy but the staff were slow. I waited........ until what looked like the manager came along. To be fair he had only just arrived in the bar area so I expected him to ask the 4 people standing there who was next, but he didn't, he just started serving a young girl. When I said I was there first, instead of apologising to the girl and making her wait he launched into me verbally. He was very sarcastic and quite aggressive in his manner. I told him to stick his food & went to get my partner, on the way out I requested an apology but was met with a brick wall. So we can add ignorant to the list of his traits as well. Greene king will be hearing from me because I do deserve an apology and they need to know how this Neanderthal treats the customers.

1  Thank TraceyHertfordshire
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Went for leaving drinks charged £4.20 for a bottle of beer,this is expensive ,the meant no one would buy a round as it would cost over £50.

Food was poor and overpriced,had Nachos to share but small portion and not shareable.

Good for tourists but better pubs around the area

1  Thank april29th2001
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Inside it doesn't know what it wants to be. Best feature is wide range of traditional and mainstream beer. The food looks pretty aweful and the highly recommended snacks I had were God aweful. Ie: teeny portion of nearly burned chewey rubbery calimari. Dried out gamey tasting burger.
Stay cleAr except for the beer