“Order well and it's world class”
Review of Mien Tay

Mien Tay
Ranked #5,351 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Order well and it's world class”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Some of the best food anywhere in my view, though you have to be careful what you order. The pho is delicious but the goat with galangal steals the show, perfectly spiced and so much flavour. It goes really well with some steamed rice and morning glory. Many of the starters are unbelievably good too, especially the soft-shell crab, fresh spring roll with shrimp and pork, barbecued quail and salt and chilli squid. The rest of the menu, especially some of the other main courses, can be average and it's a tragedy that it's no longer BYO. But it's still exceptional.

Visited January 2013

Surrey
“Excellent Lunch Menu”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Came here for lunch with my wife following a lunch she had a few months ago with a friend and I have to say it lived up to her initial recommendation.
It's not really a restaurant, more like a cafe but a good cafe at that.
For £5.50 each we had a vegetable soup and a noodle dish, I had grilled goat and my wife had beef and the amount and quality was well beyond my expectations.
I'd have liked mine to be a bit on the spicy side (my first Vietnamese meal so I was expecting spicy for some reason) but the flavours were plain and simple and very good.
We will be back and next time for dinner.

Rome, Italy
“Exceptional”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Four of us dined at this wonderful Vietnamese restaurant on Christmas Eve. (It's just as well we had booked in advance. Otherwise we wouldn't have been managed to get in!). The unprepossessing exterior certainly does not predict the treasures to be found inside. Like the welcoming hist, Su Tran, and hostess, Ny Lee, much of the food originates from the Mekong Delta. I started with delicious Mien Tay Spring Rolls - not your thick batter coating enclosing weedy bamboo shoots but prawn and pork wrapped in a crisp lattice-work , melt-in-the mouth coating. A delightful fresh green papaya salad with prawns followed. The stir-fried chicken with ginger and spring onions was exceptional. To list all I ate would suggest insatiable gluttony but all of us ate much and delighted in each mouthful. It was an exceptionally enjoyable experience and certainly not one that I expected to find in Battersea. Book in advance and enjoy the exceptional.

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“Good first experience of a Vietnamese restaurant”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had been past Mien Tay many times and it had always seemed very busy, which is usually a good sign. We called in for an impromptu early evening meal on Christmas Eve, with our two children.

The service was fast and eficient, and the food was very tasty, especially the chicken curry, served in a clay pot. There was plenty of choice on the menu, to suit all tastes and at around £60 for the four of us (the two children shared a dish and I only had a couple of beers) it was pretty good value too.

Definitely worth another visit.

London, United Kingdom
“Finally, decent Vietnamese that's South of the river”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Fabulous food, cute and efficient wait staff and delicious food... What more could you need in Clapham Junction. A must visit