“Wonderful Chinese food”

Beijing Dumpling
Ranked #712 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Soho
Gibraltar
“Wonderful Chinese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my third visit which is a must when I am in London. We were one of the first customers when it opened at midday and were greeted by a very welcoming, smiling cheerful lady in chef's whites who was busy making dim sum in the preparation area by the restaurant window. A pity all the staff aren't like her. Surliness seemed to be the order of the day. No smiles, no acknowledgement of anything we requested, no offer to hang up our jackets or take our wet umbrellas - in fact no-one appeared to care whether we stayed or left! We stayed because the food is so good and we look forward to eating there. As usual the food didn't disappoint. It is a bit pricey but the portions are generous and you won't find better food in the whole of China Town! It's not one ot the eat all you can buffets with red lanterns swinging around. I just wish the staff would smile and act as if they enjoyed their jobs and then it would be perfect!

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Dublin
“Delicious, tasty meal with friends.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We really enjoyed a delicious dumpling dinner here with friends one Friday night. We had to wait a little to be seated but that was no problem as our friend told us it was worth the wait and she was right.
Service was normal, nothing to note, good or bad.
The food was really delicious and we washed it down with some Tsing Taos!
Price was fair too.
We will definitely be back and are happy to recommend the restaurant to friends.

1 Thank MIguelitoDublin
carlisle
“friendly for solo diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I visited this one evening on my own, after my daunting walk around busy Soho , trying to find a restaurant, I would feel comfortable in, on my own.
I was drawn to this by the smiley staff in the window, busily making dumplings. After watching them and reading the menu, I decided to give it a go.
I was greeted by a smart young guy, who showed me to the back of the restaurant. A table close to the girl clearing the plates and serving on the bar, but also a good seat for people watching. I ordered a dumpling selection and chicken and sweetcorn soup. The soup was how I like it, gloopy and thick with lots of shredded chicken. The dumplings were little mouthfulls of pure heaven. I wished I had ordered double helpings.
Ordered coke to drink and despite rows of cans on the shelf , was given a small glass of flat coke, staff seemed too busy to grab and ask for another.
Restaurant was very popular with people queueing out the door. Tables downstairs too. Toilets a little less desirable but they did look like they were work in progress.

London, United Kingdom
“Generous portions, tasty dumplings and very reasonable prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'm a frequent visitor to this restaurant with friends and family and I've never been disappointed, the food is consistently good, served quickly and it's excellent value. The service can be a bit brusque in my experience, but I'm not really bothered, it adds to the charm. A single vegetable dishes is enough for 2 or 3 people, but I recomment you over-order and over-eat. It's all so tasty!

Manchester, UK
“Great Authentic Friendly Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Staying in London with husband and Son (Aged 8) decided we wanted a Chinese and thought China town was the place to be, however with so much choice it was difficult to decide. We chose this place solely on food hygiene rating (5!) as you will you see if you look this seems very rare amongst the other restaurants. We was greeted very warmly and showed to our table and given menus. My Husband decided on the Xiao Long Bao having seen them being made on TV once, steamed dumplings with hot soup in them which he said were divine, we also had duck and shredded beef in birds nest. All the food was served together and was all fresh and hot. Staff very attentive for drinks. Bill was also very reasonable and therefore would not hesitate in recommending to others.

1 Thank Janbo25