“TERRIBLE! DO NOT GO HERE”
Review of Il Padrino

Il Padrino
Ranked #17,019 of 23,041 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
London
“TERRIBLE! DO NOT GO HERE”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I wish I had seen these reviews before I ate in this place - same experience as previous posters - persuaded in by chap on the door promising a reduction which didn't materialise. Totally shocked to be charged a service charge! The food and 'service' was awful - what a total rip-off to then be press ganged into paying an extra charge. Had no option as was paying by credit card - they refused to remove the service charge and were very rude about it all.
PLEASE DO NOT GO IN THIS PLACE - it makes you ashamed to be British - that there are still places like this in London that exist purely to rip off unsuspecting tourists. They don't want repeat trade that would mean they would have to offer a proper menu/service - they just want to get people in - rip them off - knowing they will never come back again - thank goodness for Trip Advisor to help warn people to stay away!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Toffee18

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“AWFUL RIP OFF - AVOID AT ALL COSTS”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Wanting to grab a bite to eat before a matinee - we were enticed into the restaurant by chap offering us £2.00 deduction each off anything on the menu. Very short of time we went in - WHAT A MISTAKE!
By the time we'd settled in and taken off coats etc we looked around and saw what a dump it was - we should have put our coats back on and headed out - British reserve stopped us I guess. The radio was blaring in one ear and behind me was a TV with no sound on - very distracting.
Food was MEDIOCRE at best.
When the bill arrived - we found instead of a deduction of £6 that only £4 had been deducted on the grounds that one of us had ordered a started and not a main [contrary to what we were offered at the outset!].
To add insult to injury we then discovered that a whopping 12.5% service charged had been added. We complained but they wouldn't remove it and as time was short we had no option but to pay up and leave.
12.5% service charge !!!! for a greasy spoon.

PLEASE do not go into this place - it is a total rip off and a miserable dining experience and almost tainted our day out - clearly this is a one visit and never go again and I feel sorry for all the visitors to London who are being ripped off.
There are plenty of other restaurants in the area - don't make the same mistake we did and go in here - do a bit of research before you head up to London and don't give them a penny of your hard earned cash.

3 Thank KKK_Katieeee
London, United Kingdom
“London's Worst Ever Dining Experience !!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The worst dining experience ever, first of all the staff do not have any grasp of the English language, a young girl pulls you in off the street, promising great Italian food, you are then hurried through where a waiter throws a menu at you and insists you order in a hurry. Bad luck if you want to ask any questions about a particular dish.

The food is all microwaved, my partner had vegetable lasagne, cold in the middle and horrid.
I had what was supposed to be a pizza but really was a fried pancake, rubber for cheese and no flavour what so ever, both dishes where not edible together with one glass of wine and a small bottle of water £ 40.00. What a rip off, 15% surchage is a joke!!!

To top it all off I forgot my reading glasses which happened to be D & G, guess what, went straight back and would'nt you know it the waiter did not find them on the table even though he was still clearing it upon my return.

Italian restaurant I don't think so, I think this crew don't even know where Italy is, let alone what Italian dishes are supposed to even taste or look like. Do yourself a favour avoid this place like the plague!!!!

The only thing they have right is the name Il Padrino means the Godfather.....Organized rip off, that's for sure. Oh and by the way,if one trys to phone the listed number, it does not work, I wonder why, they have not got time to take all the complaints, so I guess that's why tripadvisor is here to share the knowledge.

Never again!!!!

4 Thank Bellabellissima17
“Cheaters”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Terrible, don't go there I had a very bad experience. They don't know how to serve and they're not italians at all. The will promise you a deal but is not. Never again....

3 Thank edins0n
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You get what you ask for”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Warm welcome, quick service, attentive, food above average, would recommend it to friends and family for a quick bite if your in the centre London and would like a home cooked meal.