“Amazing steak ”

Buen Ayre
Ranked #485 of 28,642 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Buen Ayre was, when it opened in 2004, the first ever traditional grill in the country. If you want to live the experience of an Argentinian steak house or "parrilla", this is the place.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited this restaurant in May with my wife and I can’t praise it enough , a real family Argentine restaurant with steak that is unreal and very generous pricing and size of portions .
Have been twice now and will be going again soon .

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a reviewReviews (434)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Occasionally when you go out and find one of those restaurants that surprise you. This is one of them. steaks were excellent but it is the staff that really created the atmosphere that made the difference between a great meal out and a great night out. Thanks to Chico and Patricia.

We’ll be back

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

We dropped in for a late lunch yesterday, and had a wonderful time.
We ordered burgers from the lunch menu, which came with the most delicious chips - just a few chips, but big and golden and crispy.

The burgers were huge, with good sourdough buns, but a bit disappointing, as they didn't seem to have meat in them. We did check with the waitress, and she assured us they weren't vegeburgers, and that they were made with a special mixture by the chef.
It was apparently a patty which included meat, but it tasted more like a vegetable medley.

This was surprising because meat is usually their speciality.

Everything else was lovely - we treated ourselves
to puddings which were amazing. They have
gorgeous dulche con leche.

The restaurant itself is always comfortable and has a good atmosphere. The service was friendly and helpful.

We always enjoy our visits here, but I think we'll pick something rather than burgers next time.

Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

I came here with an old friend for a couple of glasses of wine and a steak. We were given great advice, Nico the waiter helped big time, we ordered two ribeyes and glasses of La Linda Malbec. I'd order exactly the same next time.

The meat was great, but be warned, it's VERY seasoned.

Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

I went to Buen Ayre with my partner for dinner. We both ordered medium rare rib eye steaks. They placed uncooked red meat in front of us. I tried cutting my steak but it was difficult. The meat was very chewy and impossible to swallow. We kindly asked the waitress to have our steaks cooked a bit more so that we can chew them. So the steaks came back burned on the outside and still uncooked inside. When we told the waitress that the meat is still not cooked, she got very offended and said the chef believes there is nothing wrong with your meat and the quality of our food.
What bothered us the most was the rude attitude of the waitress and their intolerance to take polite feedbacks.
Anyway we are never going back again. For a good medium rare steak, I would rather to go to Gaucho any day than have a meal at Buen Ayre again!

Date of visit: August 2019