“Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff and authentic food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Antalya

Antalya
Ranked #374 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff and authentic food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff in Antalya are all genuinely friendly. They know how to look after customers without being intrusive. Everyone wanted to ensure that we were having a good time.
My partner had the taramosalata as a starter. It was very tasty and a generous sized portion. I had the felafels which were fresh and crispy on the outside and tasted great.
My partner then had a lamb stew cooked with fruit (name ?) and I had the vegetarian moussaka.
We were both too full for a dessert. Both main courses were really good.
I love the atmosphere in the Antalya. There was no rush and we would both highly recommend it to others.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sean G

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
NE England
“Excellent food with great hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have not been to a Turkish restaurant before so I was a little unsure when my wife suggested this one, just round the corner from Russell Square. We were warmly welcomed and ushered to prime seats. Service was efficient but not so you felt rushed. We ordered a mixed starter between the two of us and shared our main courses; the food was excellent and with decent portions. With drinks (and two complementary dishes, a olive salad and some fruit) the bill came to £38 for two. I reckon that's pretty good for central London. Will definitely go again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JohnM19
“Fantastic Turkish Food & Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have eaten at Antalya in Nottingham since it opened nearly 20 years ago. It has always been great food, fantastic service, and good value for money. Last month I was in London on business and decided to visit this branch of Antalya and I can confidently state that it was even better than the establishment in Nottingham which is a tall order.
The starters were superb and fresh as always and the mix kabab was juicy and delicious. Only a couple of Turkish beers to wash down the huge amount of food on this occasion but the wine prices were also very reasonable.
As Arnie would say, "I'll be back".

• Visited April 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We came across this restaurant on our way to the British Museum, and I'm so glad that we did. Every other restaurant that we went to had the menus in an a la carte style, but this one was pleasantly different. We were greeted with bread, and an olive carrot pepper tray (without any extra charge!). They have a lunch special where you can order an appetizer and a main course for 8.95 pounds. I ordered the falafel as my appetizer, and was expecting a tiny portion, but it was four good sized falafels, and they were delicious. For the main course, we both ordered the chicken casserole, and it was very good as well. At the end of our meal, we received a complimentary dessert of apple and orange slices, and a small piece of Turkish Delight(Yum!!). I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. You won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2013
preston
“nice food expensive drink”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went for evening meal clean and well presented inside although could not get the taps to work in the toilet,staff attentive a bit too much. As the staff were constantly sent over by the manager to see if we were ok,food lovely and reasonably price but shocked when the bill came as there was two different prices for the ephes beer that my husband was drinking and we were charged the most expensive price so felt as if we had been ripped off which is a shame because the food was excellent

• Visited April 2013