“Love to meet people who say this is terrible”
Review of Antalya

Antalya
Ranked #409 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Love to meet people who say this is terrible”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Visiting London after 7 years of escaping to Northumberland. Had a list of restaurants I may visit when visiting London to see friends. This was one as it was so close to hotel. Wanted good meal with wife to chill out after excesses of reunions. I was not disappointed went for set meal and with the choice of mezze and main course. Good choice for novices but as someone who loves Turkish food the meat was to die for and the mezze was so fresh and tasty. House wine was very good and the sweet was well balanced by adding the apple and orange to cut the sweetness. Waiters were brilliant and friendly. Istanbul has gone on the list for places to visit.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank guy b

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Turkish food at a great price”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I visited the Antalya during a visit to London, my reason for going was that I have eaten at its sister restaurant in Nottingham. Upon walking in we were greeted by the friendly staff, offered a table, presented with the menu and placed our order.

The complimentary pitta bread with olives, preserved chillies, and carrots was a very welcome H'orderve, I had the mixed Meze starter, which was plentiful on its own, my wife had the grilled Haloumi, both arrived promptly and were well presented. For main course, I had grilled Salmon with shrimps in a white sauce, the salmon was cooked perfectly, and was very tender, the shrimps and sauce were an excellent accompaniment. My wife had the slow cooked knuckle of lamb, again very tender and the meat fell off the bone.

To accompany our meal we had a bottle of the ‘House’ white, which was French (can’t remember the grape) but was excellent value at £15 a bottle, this would have cost much more elsewhere.

The portions of both the starter and the main were ample that neither of us had need for a sweet, particularly as the meal was rounded off by complimentary fresh fruit (sliced apple an orange).

The staff were courteous, the meal arrived promptly, but with sufficient time between courses. The restaurant was clean as were the toilets and at £50 for our meal including wine was excellent value particularly for London. We will re-visit

1 Thank Rob S
New York
“Beautiful restaurant, Friendly staff”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family had the pleasure of having dinner on March 30. We had been to the British Museum . A lovely evening. The restaurant is beautiful. Hand painted murals and ceilings. Excellent ambiance. The food was excellent. I cannot say enough about the friendliness of the head waiter. He was congenial and very attentive. We eat Turkish food often and this was the best meal we had in London. The prices were fair and a good value. I would recommend Antalya to anyone going to London and would go back again on our next trip.

1 Thank LKlein
“Amazing atmosphere”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Wonderfully friendly staff with delicious and authentic Turkish food. The interior took 3 years to paint and is absolutely stunning. Definitely recommend.

London
“Surpasses all expectations”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Antalaya is easily the best restaurant in which I have ever eaten. I'm 64 and have been in many restaurants worldwide, but Antalaya reigns supreme.
This superlative judgement is based on three key factors: meal quality; price, and standard of service.
Taking meal quality first, I should explain that my wife has been in the nearby neurological hospital for some time, recovering from brain surgery. This left me ample time to explore the local restaurants. Each night I tried a different national cuisine. The restaurants were usually acceptable, but nothing special, that is until it was Turkey's turn. My first meal at Antalaya was Lamb casserole, which was exquisite.
My meandering through the various restaurants now came to an end as I returned to Antalaya for five successive days. Each meal was first class,the best probably being lamb cis, but the sea bass came a close second.It actually tasted of fish and was succulent.
With regard to price. My bills worked out cheaper than those I paid at the other restaurants in the area. On my first visit to Antalaya I was cautious as unordered items kept appearing and I expected that the bill would escalate.This is a tourist area and one does expect to be ripped off, but no, the additional items are all part of the service at no extra charge.
Finally, service quality. This is courteous, with a sense of humour. Overall, it is human and humane, and this is the point. Antalaya is a family business and so is staffed by human beings rather than corporates in the typical chain restaurant.
Eaters of the world unite and dine at Antalaya. You have nothing to lose but your chains!