“Delicious!”

Good for: Families with children, Kids
Neighborhood: South Kensington
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My second time to Bellavista absolutely fantastic! The food was wonderful. Great quality food and excellent service. Our waitress was very attentive and made sure our meal was just what we wanted.
I will definitely be going back to this restaurant again!

• Korean first
Stockholm, Sweden
“Awful food, tired service and dirty and mouldy toilets”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We - a family of four - walked along Cromwell Rd to find a new Italian restaurant as we've tried most of those in and around Earl's Court and Kensington. We chose Bellavista, and that was a huge mistake. First of all, we had to move tables twice as the first table was just outside the kitchen door with a lot of noise and the second extremely tight next to the stairs.

I ordered the Frutti di Mare since I love seafood, my husband ordered a pizza, one of my daughts wanted the lasagna and the other daughter a spaghetti dish. I also ordered garlic bread as a starter, and my husband took tomato soup. After quite a long wait appeared three burnt slices of baguette with something reminiscent of garlic butter, and a thick, sticky tomato soup that was obviously anything but home made but probably came from a cheap tin of canned soup. It was edible when I had scraped off the black parts of the bread.

Then came the mains... The pizza was very small and looked like a frozen pizza from Doctor Oetker, the ones you see on TV commercials. The lasagna was dry with too little sauce and burnt on the top, and the spaghetti that was supposed to contain ham had the odd tiny chunk of meat in it, but it was 99% spaghetti and not much more. However, the worst dish was my so called seafood. The pasta was fusilli and the sauce I believe came from the same tin as my husband's tomato soup... The "seafood" contained of a dozen tiny, tiny shrimps, the ones you buy conserved in a jar of water, three extremely small mussels and one - ONE - calamari ring.

Service was tired, there was supposed to be bread and butter on the table but there was none, nobody came and asked us how the food was (probably because they don't want to hear the answer) and when we had finished what little we decided to eat, dessert menues were thrown onto the table without a word.

I also have to mention the basement toilets that were the dirtiest and smelliest of mould I've ever seen and experienced (and I've seen a lot). The smell of mould could be felt throughout the restaurant and proved to be a good summary of the whole experience: awful. To top everything, they add a hefty 15% service charge to the bill, and that is a joke for such bad food, non-existong service and smelly environment. My tip is to avoid this place at all costs. Go to Zizzi or Bistro Benito instead, both on Earl's Court Road. Bellavista is a disgrace.

• Visited November 2012
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So So food.”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Nothing to brag about. We ordered an antipasto which came right off the grocery store shelf, not much you can do to that. I had the gnocchi, the sauce came right out of the can, no seasonings added. My sister had the penne which also had sauce right out of the can. There are a lot of Italian restaurants in London, so I would advise not to eat here.

• Visited September 2012
“Good food”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Nice restaurant to eat in. Wasn't very busy at all on the Wednesday evening we visited which was good.
Friendly staff and good service. Didn't wait long for food to arrive and when it did it was piping hot and really good.
Nice casual place to relax and eat.

Sweden
“Never again”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The starters were acceptable, two people in our party ordered skate as a main course and when it arrived it literally stank of ammonia, a sure sign that the fish was not fresh.
Instead of just apologising and taking the offending dish away the waiter sniffed it and declared he could not smell anything wrong, After some arguing we were offered an alternative dish, but by then we didn't want to have anything else there and just asked for the bill.
Never gave it a second chance afterwards. Perhaps it was the exception rather than the rule, but the staff's attitude could not be forgiven.

Visited April 2011