Roxie Steak - Earlsfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Every time we go its the same - brilliant service, perfect wine and amazing steak. I don't think we could ask for anything else.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Steaks cooked to perfection whether medium/well-done or medium/rare, well supported by the excellent side dishes of creamy mash and spinach with the desserts adding a very favorable final touch to an enjoyable meal. All this was complimented by outstanding service from a friendly and vivacious waiter. A most enjoyable evening meal.

2  Thank Paul H
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I reviewed this a few months back when it was called Fyre. It appears now to have been taken over by another organisation who have a sister restaurant in Fulham. Strange experience - if you put the service to one side it was the same as before. Great food at a great price. In fact I'm fairly sure the menu hasn't actually changed much apart from the addition of some BBQ stuff. Fantastic steaks, tender well cooked. The chef must be the same as must the source of the produce.

What almost ruins the experience is that the service was totally erratic and frustrating. They either came too quickly or forgot about you. Wine ordered not arriving. Bill presented but not coming to take the money. Plates cleared and the detritus from them being spilt on guests. A blank look of horror on the waitresses face who clearly didn't know what to do or say. Empty bottles and glasses gathering on the table not being cleared. I could go on.

Why was this? My guess is that no one front of house appears to bein charge. So there were three headless chickens who had no one to guide them.

Service can be fixed if someone "cares". Because the food is great I'd still recommend it. What was concerning was it was nowhere near as busy as last time when we went mid-week. We're not that local...perhaps those that are have given up and moved on...

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This used to be called fyre, the food here is excellent, up there with gauchos for the best tasting meat in London and half the price. its a small restaurant so gets busy on weekends and you definitely need to book in advance, but its worth it.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Living locally and having been here with my partner during its Fyre days, we were relying on having a decent steak. My partner's Ribeye was an awful cut, with as much fat as a tub of lard. Having sent it back, I ate my somewhat oil-soaked version of the same. The second incarnation of my partner's steak came with no better flavour, the end result being food poisoning. Perhaps look into meat supplier? The mash was heavily milked down and not the same as our previous visits. Our only redemption was enduring the above with our friendly and attentive waiter. Overall, very good service but the food was lousy at best.

1  Thank M d