“Great Steak”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Small establishment but great steak and wine menu. Service very good and staff really attentive.

It is about a 7 minute walk from Earlsfield Train Station

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I absolutely love this restaurant. I am never disappointed. The taste and quality of the meat are superb. You can't beat the price either. I have eaten in some very high end restaurants across the world, and each meal at Fyre leaves me with a smile on my face throughout!

2  Thank Shiree K
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had an amazing experience at Fyre in Earlsfield last night. A starter of grilled Calamari was so succulent and tasty I thought I was at a seafood restaurant. The Steak main was tender and delicious. The Hendricks Gin with cucumber was cool and sophisticated. Great service, great atmosphere. The staff were attentive but allowed us to relax and take in the bustling cosy atmosphere at our own pace. I didnt feel processed and had a relaxing enjoyable evening with the perfect amount of time between courses. Gaucho, Smiths and Hawksmoor eat your hearts out - these guys top you at a fraction of the cost. Please open on Northcote road!

1  Thank battersea-food-wine
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Fyre 4 or 5 times now and each time the food is perfectly cooked and the service is impeccable. Our fave time to go is sunday lunchtime where the fillet roast provides you with tender beef, crispy potatoes and a variety of veg-one of, if not the best roast you can get!

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone!

1  Thank gemmac83
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Seeing a 2nd review of Fyre by another customer who was less than happy, I thought I'd follow up my previous review after our most recent visit at the end of April. I think it was our 6th time to Fyre, and it was every bit as good as the previous visits over the last 2 years.
In a party of 5, we were greeted, shown to our table and given the menu. We all went for different mains with the steaks being cooked from rare through to well done, and all the steaks arrived together cooked to perfection. Of the 5 orders, 1 person was given a rib-eye steak and not fillet, but then again they did order the 500g rib-eye so that makes sense. My 250g fillet was soft and tender, and with the spinach, courgettes, fries, and a glass of Malbec, so very very tasty.
They may not have the same selection of meat as Gaucho, Goodmans or Hawksmoor, but you can't argue with a perfectly cooked steak for half the price of those restaurants. It's not just about how well the steak is cooked but the quality of it as well, and it certainly appears to be of a very good quality. The service was prompt, polite and very friendly as usual.
It's not perfect however. I have had better boerewors (it was a little bit bland), and the bearnaise doesn't appear to be made fresh, but I can live with that if they keep cooking the steak as they do.
It was a Thursday evening and fully booked, and they turned several people away. I've heard that they may be moving about 40 metres down the road to larger premises, so it should be easier in the future to get a table on the night.

1  Thank Mark S