“Slightly surreal but in a good way”
Review of Green Pea

Green Pea
Ranked #88 of 24,100 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We were running late, so our friend who got there on time waited next door in the pub. Tom, our gracious host, made a point of popping next door to check that she was all right, and gently told us off for keeping suc a charming lady waiting. The food was fantastic - as if we were eating the best pie in the worlds in someone's living room somewhere in Ireland. Our friend had the lamb shank, her gravy was fantastic, there were enough (properly cooked) vegetables to keep a small country going for a week, Tom was funny and charming, it was one of the nicest nights out imaginable. Highly recommended. Remember to book. Oh, and try and avoid Sunday lunch - I'd hate not to be able to get a table just because I gave the place a good review!

4  Thank west_london_foodie

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Having spent two days in London I had a look at TA for a good meal. Best nearby said Green Pea and the raving reviews made me a bit concerned that it would be packed but night time service is apperantly not as busy as lunch because we had the whole place to ourselves. Why that is, is a mystery to me because that was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. The pies where to die for and so was the friendly service and I would highly recommend anyone interested in proper homecooked style eating would be missing something not visiting this home away from home.

2  Thank Anders N
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This was a chance find after visiting the Turner Exhibition at The Royal Maritime Museum in Greenwich. I opened my Trip Advisor App and searched for a decent place for lunch nearby and The Green pea popped up. I called ahead as it was a Monday and their website said they were closed on a Monday. The lovely Ola answered the phone and confirmed lunch could be served until 3pm.
My friends and I hot-footed it over there (about a 5 minute walk) and were very pleased we did. Honestly, if we’d been passing we would have walked on past, it looks like a typical blokey pub but once inside the quirky decor and warm welcome from Ola (the famous Tom was on holiday) meant we knew we’d made an excellent choice.
The boiled ham, eggs and homemade chips were faultless and the pies made on the premises my Ola were tasty and delicious.
OK so they only had 2 types of wine, one white and one red served in individual bottles but it all added to the homely atmosphere.
The bill for 3 came in around £25 including the wine which was an absolute bargain.
Although we’re from the other side of London, my friends and I plan to return to Greenwich very soon especially to eat at The Green Pea and hopefully meet Tom himself!
Thanks Ola –you made our day.

1  Thank Laineybeee
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, value and service. Me and my partner will become regulars after our first visit! Mad toms the man of hour. Definitely worth a visit ... Time and time again.

Shantelle & Kieran x

1  Thank KieranFound
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Freezing day and a good walk away from the touristy area (if you are exiting a boat, you will be walking to your left down the main drag as you face land; restaurant on the right side per the earlier instructions). Warm greeting, delightful explanation of the lunch of the day and a really super chicken/ leek pie and beef and Guinness pie. Choose the mashed potatoes over the chips for sure.

1  Thank fkcaz