“Home-made heaven”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Green Pea, or 'Tom's' as we've grown to call it, is the perfect home-from-home escape after a long day or a busy weekend. Hidden away behind an unassuming façade out of the main streets of Greenwich, you would be forgiven for missing this cosy little gem. On our first visit, we fell in love with the charm and warmth of Tom - the owner and chef who made us feel so welcome and wanting to come back time and time again. He makes the experience memorable with his unique way of reciting the menu, his infectious personality and his cheeky banter! The star of the show (besides Tom!) is his delicious home-cooked meals served with the best gravy around. You haven't tried a pie like this - they are truly the best pies I've ever tasted. Thank you Tom for your amazing food and for always making us feel like your dear friends.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Like being back in Ireland (black and white pudding etc).
Top quality food and, Tom, the chef/patron could be a stand up comedian.
The adjoining pub does a brilliant pint of Guinness to wash it down afterwards, if you're hard enough!!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is the revised edition I made a stupid error for which I am very sorry
I visit this restaurant when I go to the O2, it's a short bus ride from the venue. The food is fresh Tom does not believe in microwaving or cooking from frozen. (and I owe him an apology for not proof reading the last review I wrote, I removed it and edited it immediately when I found I’d caused offence, a lesson learnt)this is it Tom’s food is organic and probably the best value around. The atmosphere relaxed and welcoming. The great thing is the value, piping hot food and the service simple and charming. I have a table booked for another visit when I see Fleetwood Mac with a group of friends. The legendary lamb shanks are on order.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Tom is a fast-talking, character-filled gentleman who makes the best pie I have ever had! We came back two nights because we just coulsnt get enough. The lamb shanks were excellent but the chicken and ham pie is something I will dream about!

1  Thank Jesse S
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The Green Pea, part of Hardy's Pub offers surprisingly EXCELLENT food in a friendly atmosphere that makes you want to return again and again..worth the trip to Greenwich! Tom is a son of the "Old Sod" a true Irishman who knows his way around pastry and creates some of the most beautiful meat, fish and chicken pies this side of heaven......and the Guiness on tap makes it all perfect. Quaint, cozy, and fairly priced!