“Beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Savannah, Georgia
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Great location! Right across the street from the St. James station. It is also conveniently located to all sights in Westminster area. The staff was very helpful! They helped with travel, sightseeing, and meals. The room was quite lovely. Perfect size for two people. The bathrooms were very spacious as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This stay was for a birthday present for my better half combined with a musical not far away at the Apollo Victoria theatre, this hotel chosen as it was close to the theatre and reviews good. The room was superb and it was very quiet, the room we had was not a street facing room and that suited us as I would rather a quiet room to a view. The air conditioning was spot on considering the heat that week and sleeping was not a problem.

The free wifi worked fine in the room, handy for checking the next days sight seeing and there was a payed tariff for larger data rates, though we were just browsing and that suited us fine.

We did not get to try the restaurant, our schedule kept us on the go from early to late but it certainly looked good.

The full english breakfast in the restaurant is just right. The only gripe was the that the tea needed to be stronger before pouring, but then I like the spoon to stand up on its own in a cup of tea so maybe not a fair comment ;)

The service and staff, overall, was excellent and not intrusive.

A short walk will get you to many of the sights in the centre of London and it is across the street from the St James Park tube station.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stay in a lot of hotels and I order a lot of room service. I love this hotel and its location and its really, really good service. The room service however, is beyond wonderful. Hint: order the "hand-cut chips". Better yet, ask for 2 orders!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Having stayed many times at the Intercontinental at Hyde Park and always being happy, I thought I would give this newer hotel a try. Having stayed many, many times in London, I have to say this was probably one of the smallest rooms I ever had---and this was an upgrade from the Classic room to a Superior, which was supposed to be larger. Room size really doesn't compare to its sister hotel across the park.

Having said that--there were many good things to say about this hotel. As reiterated by others, the hotel is new, clean and very attractive and modern. The room itself was well-designed- great bathroom, very comfortable bed, pillows and excellent sheets. Very importantly, it was actually hot in London and the AC worked very well and was quiet. Speaking of quiet--rooms were silent. Faced away from the street- with absolutely no view, but would trade this for quiet any day!

Good location and right across from the St. James's Park tube station (although, I like the Hyde Park location better).

Staff were pleasant.

So here is my MAJOR complaint--the hotel pumps perfume into the Lobby and also in the Club Lounge. For me it was overwhelming. Made my eyes burn and difficult to breathe. Thank goodness I could not smell it in the bedroom or hallways. I commented to the concierge that I found it very offensive. He told me that guests like the smell and that they even sell the perfume. Really?????? I had the same issue at The Mayfair Hotel in London, and could never stay there again. I guess I will move back to the other Intercontinental for it's larger rooms and most importantly, because it does't offend my olfactory senses.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are silent.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Great Hotel in a very Central Position in London for visiting so many great tourist attractions, you really can virtually walk everywhere. The Hotel was modern, very clean and the staff were excellent, the rooms were modern with everything you require and I had a perfect nights sleep. Would definitely stay here again if wanting to be in Central London.

Room Tip: All very quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yorkie1948
Bournemouth, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My family and I stayed here in two rooms on the second floor in July 2014.
Easy to find in Westminster - 2 minutes from the Abbey and Big Ben.
Convenient for us as we travelled by train to Waterloo Station on the South Bank. Victoria Station is nearby too and St James's Park tube is opposite.
Fast check in and pleasant, efficient staff. Rates were reasonable for location.
Rooms modern, very clean but not big. We were given an internal courtyard-facing room, which we found very quiet. We all had a good night's sleep.
Good showers - powerful. Great TV service.
We were able to walk to nearby Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace and Scotland Yard.
Would recommend and stay again.
Thank you to everyone at the InterContinental.

Room Tip: Good room rates.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Saratoga, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I am a frequent business traveler and while this is a nice hotel, its service is pretty haughty. For example it's a small place and there is no lobby to speak of. This morning I walked across the street to Starbucks and bought a cup of coffee, bringing it back to read with my paper. When I sat down in the lounge area that connects with the lobby, a woman quickly appeared and told me I would need to pour the contents into china. Fine. But when it became clear it would not all fit, she waited and then took the rest of my coffee with her. The lounge was empty. When I brought the matter to the attention of the manager on duty she did not even bother to apologize.

Stayed July 2014
8 Thank Michael D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Michael D,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M