“Super hotel in an excellent location”

Conrad London St. James
Ranked #51 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 19, 2013

From the moment we stepped foot in this hotel everythign was perfect.

Upon entering the hotel we were greated by an absolutely fantastic smell being provided through the air vents. After asking the concierege what this smell was, we were told it is supplied by a company called Brandaroma. Highly recommended and made an excellent first impression. Also given a small bottle to take home with us.

We then checked in an the staff were fantastic. Efficient and attentitive.

The room we were given was top notch and we couldnt have asked for anymore. Superb decor and a lovely, comfortable bed.

The hotel is perfectly located opposite St James tube station and is local to the Houses of Parliment and Westminster Abbey.

Overall excellent hotel and thouroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank you and we hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Ask the concierge for a takeaway bottle of the smell being put through the AC. We did and got one co...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear travelalot934

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay in Westminster I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay including our scent of Pomegranate and Grass that fills the public areas.

It is great to see that our Concierge team gave you a bottle to take home and hope that the reminder of us will mean that you will visit us again in the very near future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Had a fantastic stay here which started from the moment we stepped in the door! Everything about the hotel is pure luxury and the famous Blue Boar Ribs certainly live up to expectations.. delicious! My stay was for a 40th birthday treat and was chuffed to find chocolates and a happy birthday message left in the room a great personal touch that helped make this a stay like no other.. thank you I definitely hope to return one day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Vixtrix1604

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your 40th birthday celebrations with us in Westminster and that you had the opportunity to try the Blue Boar Ribs, they have been a big hit since opening in November 2012 and made with Chef Ingram's secret rub and hours of slow cooking!

It is great to read that you would like to return and the team look forward to welcoming you once again.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here on a Friday night, and had an amazing time. We checked in and the Porter showed us around downstairs, we then went up to our room and we had been upgraded which was nice. Our bed was so comfy that we had an amazing sleep and didnt want to get out the next morning. The room had a Nespresso machine which was a nice touch and the coffee I had was delish. We went to the bar Friday night and I had an amazing cocktail called The Crumble which was absolutely delicious! The shower was amazing, a nice rainfall shower. The staff kindly let us leave our bags at the hotel whilst we went exploring Saturday around London. I honestly didn't want to leave and will definitely be staying again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear xnesx

Thank you for your excellent review following your most recent stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in particular the cocktails in Blue Boar Bar and the great nights sleep in your room.

I do hope you will have the opportunity to visit us once again in the very near future.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a one night stay on stopover back home. This hotel is the real deal beautifully appointed, perfect central location and amazing staff, each one a credit to IHG!! Not only was I upgraded two room types I paid an additional £50 (bargain) for a studio suite which allows access to the club room which is definitely worth it!! All in all this will be the only place ill stay at when in London, well done!!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear fred295

Thank you for your fantastic review of your most recent stay at Westminster IC, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular our team stood out during your visit.

I do hope we can welcome you to London again in the near future.

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel with my husband (who travels a lot) and two young children (6 and 2). I have to say I was sad to leave. The service was amazing, the hotel was SO clean and the position great.
So the service, well from the minute we walked in they were very polite, they always said hello to our children which meant a lot and even learnt their names. They could not have done more to help us and make our stay memorable.
So the cleanliness, it is a newly opened hotel which probably helped but the place was so neat and clean. Our children loved it when they came back to find their beds turned down with their teddies in bed ready for them and the slippers by the bed topped it off for them.
We were greatest by name and when we had a small problem with the curtain it was fixed in minutes with huge apologises (it really wasn't a big problem). Doors opened for us and children treated as valued customers too.
The hotel was right in front if the tube station so easy access to anywhere really.
For me and the children it was an amazing experience. For my husband who probably stays in hotels over two thirds of the year he says it is the best hotel he has ever stayed at and he has stated all over the world. He is very grateful for making our family break so special.

I can highly recommend this hotel and the banana ketchup in the Blue Boar restaurants is well worth a try.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Cfinegan

Dear Cfinegan

Thank you for your excellent review of your recent stay in Westminster, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and in particular our team made your children feel special, it is a particular compliment that your husband thought the hotel was 'the best he had ever stayed in'.

I do hope on your next visit to London we can welcome you once again.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Every thing is nice in this hotel the staff are excellent and well trained
The rooms are modern and nicely decorated the bathroom are luxury with marble touch
Location is excellent as it is close to everything and opposite to underground station

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Omar A

Thank you for your excellent review of your stay with us in Westminster, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was quite pleased with this hotel: extended my stay there two extra nights. The room was quite nice. The staff is very welcoming. I used the exercise room a couple of times: that was fine. I was a bit disappointed with the concierge on helping with tickets for a football game: I was able to get the tickets online for a great deal less (but my seats were probably not as good as the broker would have delivered).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear JRandom

Thank you for your positive review of your most recent stay with us in Westminster and I am pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and our Concierge team were able to secure you football tickets for the Premiership fixture.

I do hope on your next visit to London we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.