“A truly magnificent hotel, the 7 people who rated this hotel less than Very Good need sectioning under the mental health act!!”

Conrad London St. James
Ranked #48 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Mossley
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Firstly I'm quite hard to please with hotels and look for the extra special things before throwing 5*'s around (check my other reviews)... This hotel is perfect in every single way, from immediately getting there at 9am after an over night flight from Cuba the staff were fantastic. They let us check in at 9am, how many hotels would let you do that, not without additional charges at least! It is very modern and decorated with a high standard and quality with all the little extras thought about e.g. Soft closing draws an toilet seats, automatic lights in wardrobes, intelligent lighting systems, electronic controlled curtains etc etc!
The location is fantastic with St James tube station directly opposite, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and Hyde Park all within a few minutes walk.
They brought us some fruit and chocolates to our room and a personal note from the manager because we were on our honeymoon with was really nice.
I hesitated over giving 5* for value as it was fairly expensive however value is a comparison of price against quality and for this it does deserve 5*... You'll pay much more for a lesser quality in many places!

Highly recommended if you want something extra special!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cookham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We've just spent a lovely Easter weekend at the hotel with my son and family. We loved being able to hook up the iPhone to the TV to listen to our own music in the bath! Everything is quality about this hotel, the Nepresso coffee machine in the room with china cups and saucers, huge bathroom with massive bath and even bigger walk in shower! Concierge service from all the guys was friendly and super helpful (special thanks to Nassim for looking after us). We'll be back soon for Eggs Benedict!

Room Tip: Some bathrooms have enclosed shower and loo if that's your preference - I prefer an open bathroo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Probably the best hotel we have stayed in;facilities great, staff superb, now our favourite hotel to stay in London,from arriving to going home we were looked after with the highest possible level of service; suggest afternoon tea, cocktails in bar are novel and the staff really look after you

Room Tip: King Executive excellent
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Wokingham
Reviewed April 2, 2013

From the moment you approach the hotel doorway you feel special being greeted by the dorman and then in turn reception by your name. The receptionists couldnt have been nicer and my bag was taken immediately and delivered to my room. We got upgraded to a club room which was very large for London indeed and was beautifully set out.

The TV was a nice touch set on a large screen and the bathroom was large. There was no milk but they brought me one up immediately as soon as I called down.

The bed was literally like sleeping on a fluffy cloud! Seriously the most comfortable and sumptuous bed ever!

I mentioned it was my birthday when we arrived and was amazed to find two bowls of treats and a happy birthday sign and card on my return to my room that evening.

Perfect stay indeed and highly recommended for business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Dorisandthehoff,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and so many different aspects of your stay and it is great to know you had a good nights sleep on our 'fluffy' beds.

It is also nice to read that our team celebrated your birthday with some treats made by our Head Pastry Chef, Ryan Thompson.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you to Westminster once again.

Kind Regards

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Lovely hotel with an incredible location, if you want to stay close to the main tourist attractions in Westminster. Design and interior of both the ground floor and the rooms are really nice.
But this hotel has a mega problem. There is no heating in the bathroom, either a radiator or heat in the floor. The toilet seat and shower cabin was ice cold. I had to ask the staff 3 times to turn on the heat, before I was convinced that this 5-star hotel is "inclusive" cold bathrooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Peder K
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Peder K

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback following your most recent stay with us and it is pleasing to read that you enjoyed the majority of your stay. I must apologise if the ambience of the bathroom meant you did not fully enjoy the room you stayed in, we take all feedback into consideration and will look to see why the problem occurred as this is the first time we have received this information.

I do hope on your next visit to London you will choose to stay with us again in Westminster.

Kind Regards

London
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I've never stayed at such a good hotel in London. I really think this hotel has a very good location in London. its perfect for visitors and the staff are so friendly and the club lounge is amazing. I'm defiantly staying at this hotel again, might even move in.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear KatyOxford

Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review of your recent stay with us here in Westminster and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us particularly in Blue Boar Smokehouse & Bar.

It is always nice to read that our team have also stood out to our guests and your comment here is excellent, please be assured all of our team regularly read Trip Advisor to see our guest feedback.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Best Wishes

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have just (very regretfully) checked out of this hotel. Classy, elegant and staffed by some of the friendliest, warmest most gracious staff I've encountered. The Blue Boar restaurant is a must with an excellent menu and wine list. Yes, it's expensive but worth every penny. Pick a special occasion and treat yourself to a stay at my new favourite hotel!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Kathryn B
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Katyoxford

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you have given us your first five star review - quite a compliment!!

I do hope we can welcome you once again when next visiting London.

Best Wishes