3,777 results
All reviewsblue boarwestminster abbeythe executive loungejames parkjames tube stationbig bendirectly across the streetrain showerafternoon teanespresso machineturn down serviceluxury hotellarge bathroomwonderful hotelconcierge stafflondon eyepark lane
Reviewed December 24, 2012

The hotel is new and therefore very clean and fresh in every nook and cranny. The staff where all exceptionally polite and helpful. The rooms are beautiful, with robes and slippers (the robes still had fluffy bits dropping off them because they are so new). The bed and pillows where very comfortable. The bathroom was lovely and the water pressure and water temperature was perfect. A large selection of drinks and snacks in the fridge. The only thing I could not find was a shoe polisher, but as I did not ask I cannot say that one did not exist. After spending the day shopping we arrived late back and had drinks in the bar, which is set out really nice - open spaces and tables tucked away in alcoves for the more private conversations. We had breakfast in the restaurant I chose the full English and it was lovely and set me up for the day.

Room Tip: I am confident this hotel does not have a bad room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank impy_01
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Impy_01

Thank you for the great review of your stay with us in Westminster, it is great to read that the team at the hotel stood out during your time with us, please be assured we share all our feedback with them and they will be thrilled to read your comments. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your time in the bar, it is quickly becoming the place to meet in Westminster Village and a great place to be seen…. Or not be seen depending on the reason for your visit.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

There are simply not enough superlatives to describe the elegance and quality of the InterContinental London Westminster. The reception, bar and concierge teams could not have been more welcoming and helpful. This is the only hotel to stay in when visiting London.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steven T

Dear StevenT

Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay with us in Westminster, it is great to read that the team at the hotel stood out during your time with us, please be assured we share all our feedback with them and they will be thrilled to read your comments.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I just returned from staying for two days at the Intercontinental London Westminster. This is a new property so the rooms are great. I was upgraded to a suite. Very nice. The amenities in the room are modern and very nice. Plenty of power options. Wifi is good. The location is very close to the Parliament buildings, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben. Buckingham Palace is a 10 minute walk. Shopping on Regent Street is about 15mins walking away. St. James's Park Tube station is right across the street so there is easy access to all parts of the city. Not much night life close by.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank PeteandKerry

Dear Peteandkerry

Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted to read you enjoyed your upgrade to one of our fantastic suites. As you rightly point out our location, only a two minutes walk to Westminster Abbey is great for those wanting to explore the political heartland of the city.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Great rooms with lots of gadgets,nice bed.... Slept for hours
Will I return .... Yes .... Only as a treat as I live in London ,would certainly spend time in the bar people watching,not sure if luxury deserves a price of breakfast (at the price in the menu )though

Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Hairyguy1

Dear Hairyguy1

Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us even as a local!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

My fiancé and I recently stayed at the new Intercontinental hotel in Westminster and were really impressed with the service and the restaurant.

The check in staff were very friendly, in fact all staff we came into contact with were really enthusiastic, possibly because the hotel had just opened, so I really hope that doesn't ware off!

Our room was a little on the small side and it overlooked some offices so I would definitely recommend asking for a room at the front of the hotel. The huge plasma TV was great (you could also plug in your ipod to the system and there were speakers in the bathroom!) The Egyptian Cotton sheets were very luxurious and the bed was very comfortable.

As with most intercontinental hotels the room did feel a little corporate with a good desk area for business travellers.

Location wise it's on the doorstep of St James Park tube which is a bonus although when coming back to the hotel we had to explain to our cabby where it was (again probably due to the newness factor).

We had dinner in the Blue Boar restaurant which was delicious. I would highly recommend the steak with the oyster inside it. (Sounds odd but it was so good!) Service was great and it had a nice cosy atmosphere.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, especially visitors to London.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel because otherwise you are overlooking offices.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy C

Dear CathyC

Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and the food in Blue Boar, the Carpet Bag Fillet has been one of our most popular dishes along with our Blue Boar Ribs and Pulled Pork.