“Amazing!”

Conrad London St. James
Ranked #49 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We booked this as a secret hotel through LastMinute for just the day before our wedding weekend, and what an amazing surprise! We requested a late check out on the Sunday which was not a problem, and arrived to find our room had been upgraded to a junior suite. The room had modern fittings and amenities, and we particularly liked the rain shower and Molton Brown products!

Room service was great, and the staff went out of their way to ensure we had a wonderful stay, including a hand-written card from the manager. The cherry on top was arriving back to our room after our wedding to find complimentary champagne awaiting us, along with a card from the staff.

Taxi drivers are not yet aware of the hotel, so it might take a couple of minutes for the doorman to grab one for you, but it won't take long for word to get out. I only wished I was able to order from an All Day Breakfast menu on Sunday, but unfortunately this finishes at 11.30am.

All in all, fabulous!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pHdH-8-12-12
LONWMHotelMgr, Hotel Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear phdh-8-12-12

Thank you for taking the time to post wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us in Westminster, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are happy to see you enjoyed your champagne following your wedding and congratulations once again from all of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel it's self looks and feels very new, the reception area & bar area look great, though it was very quite on arrival, i can see it being a very cool & buzzy place to be once it's fully opened. Also the location is great, its a stone throw away from St. James Park Station.

On entering the hotel we were greeted by two very friendly door men, we were checked in at reception by a very nice man, who's name i didn't catch, but he was very customer focused and was eager to please. This was around 5pm on Sunday 9th, so management please pass on our thanks to him, we were then shown where the lifts were by another lovely man.

The room we stayed in was a studio suite, it was quite large, all fixtures and fittings were high end it was a lovely looking room, the mini bar choice was slightly limited but I'm not going to get hung up on something so trivial, as everything else was so great. The bed was so comfy and had lovely sheets, rest assured you will have a good nights sleep. The bathroom was large, and wow the shower was great, great soft towels with Malton Brown toiletries is a lovely touch.

We ordered room service and ordered fish and chips and sausage and mash i recommend you get an extra side order of the chips as you don't really get many with the fish and chip dish it's self but it was a huge fish portion and the had cut chips were great, but both dishes were very tasty overall.

This hotel is lovely and i think the stand out thing for me, were the team of people they have working there, they all make you feel special and valued.

I would recommend this hotel to all.

Thanks for making our trip enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Harjit1981
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Harjit1982

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel and I am delighted you enjoyed your time in Westminster and that during your stay our team in particular our Doormen stood out and excelled and made you feel special.

It is great to have some constructive feedback as well, as a new hotel this is valuable to us as we constantly review our standards to ensure they are of the highest level.

I do hope it won’t be too long before you have the opportunity to stay with us once again.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We called in for a drink on Saturday night 7th December, just a couple of weeks after opening and we were knocked out by the decor, the staff, the comfort and the value for money. We will definitely try and stay next time and have a meal in the Blue Boar Smokehouse. Very impressed. Good luck to the company and hotel management.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank paulnpat
Hotelmgrlon, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Paulnpat

Thank you for your fantastic review of Blue Boar Bar and that in particular the staff stood out during your visit and you enjoyed relaxing in one of our Chesterfield sofas taking in the political references in our artwork.

It is great to see that you intend to return and try out both the hotel and our restaurant and all of our team do hope it will not be too long before you have the opportunity to do so.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The new Intercontinental Westminster has just opened but it seems there are no issues with soft opening; the hotel and service was run very smoothly. Located directly opposite St. James' Park station it is very easy to find.

The doormen were exceptionally proactive and courteous, providing a great first impression for the hotel.

Reception staff were still getting used to the computer system but it was dealt with seamlessly and the friendly attitude of the staff (Anna who checked me in) was exemplary.

The hotel decor is modern and with comfortable furnishings throughout.

I was upgraded to a King Club room on the top (6th) floor and provided with a complementary fruit platter and handwritten welcome card from the manager, Scot, which was a nice touch.

The room was a good size with plenty of room for the desk area and open plan lobby when you go in. Furnishings were again a high standard and the TV is something rather unique, built in to a floor to ceiling glass unit.

The Nespresso machine had a decent range of pods provided and I was pleased to see the bathroom had Molton Brown toiletries. A separate rain shower in the bathroom was great and the all-marble fittings suited the style. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet despite looking out onto a busy street.

Room service was prompt and friendly, and the food was equally good.

When it came to check-out, the receptionist was keen to check I was satisfied with my stay and encouraged me to visit again, which I am sure I will.

Overall a superb hotel with staff that are clearly eager to please. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel; some at the back look directly into offices.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank johnny_c-l

Dear Johnny_C-I

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review following your stay with us in Westminster and I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us, please be assured we share all of our feedback with the team daily and I am sure they will be thrilled to see such positive feedback.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Even though the hotel has just opened it is already super organised and looks amazing. Brilliant food and friendly and professional staff. Fantastic location really close to Westminster Abbey and The Houses of Parliament. The best thing in the hotel is the bar which has loads of comfy sofas to relax in. One thing - they need to serve breakfast earlier as there is so much to do in the area you want to get up and up - but when I did got it- it was lovely.

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank hwdavies

Dear HW Davies

Many thanks for the wonderful review and sharing feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the food throughout the hotel and that our team stood out during you visit, we will be sure to share your comments with them.

I do hope it won’t be too long before you have the opportunity to return to Westminster again and we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here on an exceptionally cheap rate through a deal with lastminute. I didnt have the opportunity to make use of all the facilities but I cannot commend the staff highly enough for their service. Excellent quick check in and check out. Friendly doormen.

Rooms were 5* and because they are brand new they are a step above others in town. I even had a couple of nice beers out of the minibar which I requested be added to my bill and was told I could have free of charge. Internet is expensive; however it is exceptionally quick unlike many hotels.

Hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank James R
Hotelmgrlon, Hotel Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear James R

I am delighted to read your positive comments following your recent stay with us and that our team stood out in particular our Doormen, I will be sure to share your comments with them.

In regards to the internet, we offer complimentary WI-FI throughout the hotel both in public areas and bedrooms however if downloading larger files then this does come at a cost however you should have been able to surf the web, read emails and download small documents with no charge.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have just stayed in the wonderful NEW hotel intercontinental in Westminster. It only opened a few days ago and is truly lovely. The bedrooms are comfy and the staff friendly and helpful.
Location very good and in close proximity to Westminster Abbey and the river.
Very good value, thank you to all staff. who made our stay brilliant

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 322snoopy
Hotelmgrlon, Manager at Conrad London St. James, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear 322 Snoopy,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in Westminster and how friendly our team were to you during your stay. As you rightly point out the hotel is in very close proximity to Westminster Abbey as well as the Houses of Parliament, St James Park and Buckingham Palace providing a great location for anybody who likes to visit the major landmarks of London.

I do hope it won’t be long before our team has the opportunity to welcome you again soon in the not too distant future.