“Travelodge London City”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge London Central Bank
Ranked #494 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The hotel is unwelcoming, drab and looks cheap and nasty from the entrance to the rooms. My room was absolutely tiny and had a single bed in it - I haven't slept in a single bed for about 30 years! I thought the staff were lovely but at £100 per night it was bad value for money and frankly I felt embarrassed to be staying there.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Justine R
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge London Central Bank, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

We hope all our guests have an enjoyable stay with us Justine R, so we are truly sorry to learn of your disappointment with you time with us. All our rooms are standardised across all our hotels and we aim to provide the same furnishings and level of comfort for all our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we assure you that all customer feedback is provided to the hotel directly which help improve the service they offer.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

This hotel was clean, well appointed and well maintained. It was also difficult to find. I had to have my room changed because next door have an air conditioning unit right outside my window. It was like a bus starting up. London was muggy and the window had to be opened to let air in, there was no air conditioning. Then we had a fire alarm test which was also apparently from next door! Though I take leave to doubt that. The real plus here was Sylvia, the receptionist. She always seemed to be on. I never saw another receptionist during all our comings and goings. She was a wee star and couldn't do enough to help.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2014

had a good stay, hotel is in a great location with a tube station nearby that has line directly travelling to waterloo. the room was quiet at night but no view out the window from the room where we stayed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S P
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have stayed in Travelodges across Britain, and generally speaking I'm not a big fan, as there are never enough pillows, the decor is shabby and there is a general feeling of dinginess. The great price is the only reason I booked this, and I expected to get what I paid for it. However the hotel was much better than expected, with the bedroom clean, simple and modern, giving more or less everything I needed including the all important great night sleep. It's very close to everything in London, with Bank tube station and Cannon Street train station being less than 5 minutes walk away. When we needed to leave our bags because we our flight was not until much later in the evening, the hardworking receptionist Sylvia was a great help and looked after them with no obligation to do so.

The only complaints are nitpicking. Flying with hand luggage only meant limited toiletries and I had expected there to be a basic shower gel/shampoo in the bathroom. There was only a sliver of soap, which wasn't much good for hair and face. Our key cards also kept wiping themselves during the day, despite trying to keep them as separate from mobile phones and other cards as humanly possible, without losing them. But these are petty wee things - overall this was a fabulous hotel for the money and I would definitely book again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank gemcor85
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this travel lodge for a long weekend in London. It is by far the worst we have stayed in, the room we had was very noisy so the staff were very helpful and moved us to a different one. We were moved to a room with a shower that leaked all over the floor and the drain in the shower was blocked so it would overflow onto the floor. The room itself was very small and wasn't the cleanest. Overall we were very disappointed. Although it was very close to tube station.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gillian842013
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Great location - opposite Cannon Street Tube.
VERY quiet... the staff were very friendly. A great night's sleep!
Overall a wonderful experience.
We walked everywhere - London Eye and Westminster, along the Thames (Tower Bridge and The Tower of London).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MiddletonWright
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed at this hotel from 22nd march for 5 nights. For the number of nights it was tough to find a hotel under £100 a night so thought I'd struck lucky. Had a great stay with comfy beds, great location etc. So close to St Paul's, the Tate modern and close enough to tube stations. be aware that cannon street station closes earlier than other stations and isn't open on Sundays at all. The only downfall was the shower leaking through the curtain. Not a big deal. Would stay again

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple