“A cool review”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Belowzero Ice Bar the UK’s only permanent ice bar, keeping things a fun and frosty -5°C in Central London all year around. No two ice bar themes are ever the same, and their crack team of ice artists, designers and mixologists create an entirely new concept for the bar every year. You can also enjoy a fantastic range of seasonal dishes or one of their signature cocktails inside their (warm) restaurant or cocktail bar alongside your Ice Bar experience.
Reviewed December 6, 2015 via mobile

Visited Icebar with my cousin for a joint birthday combined with christmas catch up. We used the ice and dine package over a Saturday lunch time.

Good points
*Staff really friendly
*Ease of booking
*Novelty
*Its an attraction in itself
*Stunning ice carving
*Temperate restaurant is attractive and good atmosphere.

Not so good points
*Drinks in the icebar are small, weak and expensive (we stuck at the one included drink as we felt more would be a rip-off).
*Food delicious but small servings
*Toilets are tiny and not the best maintained. 2 were out of action on my visit.

Overall
It's worth a visit and I'm really pleased I've been. Staff are friendly and helpful and the experience is good. Drinks are weak and small for the price charged. If you haven't been I'd recommend it. But now that I have been, I wouldn't go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,917)

Reviewed December 6, 2015 via mobile

We had such a wonderful time in both the restaurant and the icebar. I would highly recommend coming here

Reviewed December 6, 2015

I visited the London Ice bar for second time during my December trip and was not dissappointed! Atmosphere was as I remember from 3 years ago and staff was very well organized and friendly all the way! Definitelly recommend visiting the Ice Bar, it is worth every penny!!!

Reviewed December 6, 2015 via mobile

I visited with my sister and some friends to celebrate my sisters birthday.

We chose to have the Ice and Dine package as otherwise we would have had to go in at 11am!

The ice bar experience started with us being kitted out in our cloaks and gloves and then we went through for a delicious cocktail served in an ice glass. Oh and a little boogie just to keep warm!

We then went downstairs to have our meal which we didn't really expect to be that good but it was excellent. My sister was presented with a happy birthday desert at the end of the meal which was a nice touch.

At some well known restaurants/attractions the staff can be a bit rigid and unfriendly but that wasn't the case here - from start to finish they were smiling, friendly and very hospitable.

Overall, a very good experience which is well worth a try and done very well.

Reviewed December 5, 2015 via mobile

I booked the ICEBAR as part of my boyfriend's 30th birthday present. Having a delicious cocktail such an unusual setting sounded like an unforgettable experience, that was not to be missed.

We arrived promptly at our allotted time and were quickly ushered in. The gate keepers of the ice room chucked a cape over my head and shouted at me to drop my numerous bags all at once. No 'please' or 'thank you'. Not very polite.

We were lead into a tiny room, with so many other visitors it was hard to move around easily. It felt like they'd over sold the capacity of the venue, the bar was choked with caped tourists clamoured to get their cocktail.

When we were finally served, the cocktail glass (a block of ice, with a shot glass sized volume carved out of the middle - I'm not kidding it was tiny) was filled with a pre-made squirty bottle of mixer. I could hardly hide my shock. What on earth had I paid for? To make matters worse, my boyfriend's cocktail tasted like what I can only describe as arm pit. Happy birthday! When we checked the menu again is disbelief it supposedly had soda water as a base! That liquid, whatever it was, was not fizzy.

This is the worst bit and it's not necessarily the fault of the ICEBAR but I would certainly encourage them to rethink their capacity policies. Because the bar was so busy and it took so long to get served, our fellow ICEBAR dwellers were in a frenzy, trying to take many jovial photos around the room in the allotted half an hour as possible. We shuffled from pillar to post, trying to get out of the way and accommodate those who had come to take pictures rather than enjoy the experience, but I've never experienced such rudeness and panic and all round hysteria. For example, a middle aged woman shouted, 'MOVE!' at us from across the room as we casually lingered by the back wall. People really lost their heads!

I was so cross and felt like it was such a waste of money. We ended up laughing hysterically at what an awful tourist trap it is!

Wouldn't recommend to anyone, ever. Especially not to someone thinking of celebrating a significant birthday there. Massive let down.

It was cold though, so at least they didn't miss sell that bit.

4  Thank Amanda B