“Yuki's sushi class at home was a great experience and lots of fun for the family.”

Yuki's Kitchen: Japanese Cooking Classes
Ranked #14 of 164 Classes & Workshops in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Japanese Cooking: Classes, Lessons and Events - Yuki Gomi is a professionally trained chef and author of Sushi at Home, published by Penguin. She teaches Japanese cookery from her kitchen in London, giving the skills and techniques to students wanting to cook Japanese food at home. Yuki's seasonal schedule gives full Japanese cooking class details and includes: Sushi Making lessons, sushi classes, Japanese home cooking, Japanese street food and specialist workshops; such as Miso making.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Yuki was very well prepared. She brought all the ingredients and the recipes and explained the tricks of making sushi rice very well. We all made our sushi rolls, and prepared a lovely dinner table for 4. The sushi and the sauces we made were delicious. I would recommed her class to anyone that is interested in learning how to make sushi.

1  Thank Odemirel

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was a wonderful experience that was organised as a birthday surprise:) Yuki welcomed us into her house and we left feeling like we had been imparted with a wealth of knowledge about Japanese food /cooking, stuffed to our faces from yummy food (Gyoza, salad and katsudon rice) and the feeling that Yuki had welcomed us into her home as she would to family and friends. We can't wait to come back for more of her classes and just as importantly to use what we learnt to cook / try out at home!:) Thank you Yuki!!!

2  Thank HOLIDAYS8378
Reviewed June 25, 2013

With my wife's 40th birthday coming, I wanted to organise something special with friends at home.

Given she is crazy about sushis and black cod miso, I contacted Yuki to organise a bespoke sushi class and japanese dinner.

Yuki was absolutely perfect:
- Very reactive over email to organise the event, flexible to accommodate our schedule (had a few other surprises on the agenda)
- Arrived on time, with everything we had agreed
- Sushi class was a success with 5 adults and 4 kids having fun rolling makis
- dinner was delicious with a fantastic black cod miso
- Yuki left the kitchen immaculate when leaving

Would definitely recommend!

4  Thank ChrisCInLondon
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Last night I attended Yuki's Goyza making class, at her home. Yuki was warm and friendly and made me feel very welcome. She provided very clear instruction sheets to go with the class, which was helpful for those of us with bad memories. The class was informal and easy to follow and tasting and questions were encouraged. Yuki also tried hard to share not only wonderful recipies but also the Japanese culture and attitudes to food. For the price, which is comparable to a meal in a mid range Japanese restaurant, you get not only to eat delicious food but some interesting background and tips on how the recipies can be modified to suit individual tastes. I was impressed by how she took away the worry I had always felt about attempting to cook Japanese food at home while still keeping the magic. Yuki's classes are well worth the money and I will be telling all my friends about them for months to come! I already want to book more and more.....

2  Thank Miriam W
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Very good value for money. I will attend another course at Yuki's.
I like japanese food and I wanted to include some dishes in my daily cooking. After months of reserching I decided to book this course.
Yuki is really welcoming and run the course in a relax and fun atmosphere.
She teaches you 6 recipes step by step, giving tips and encourage you to try. At the end your try all the cooking. Delicious, But the best is that I can now cook 3 types of gyoza, aubergine, green beans salad and rice. Her recipes really works.
My only tip is pay attention when she cooks. Everything is important.

2  Thank imami