“How to make dumplings fun!”

Yuki's Kitchen: Japanese Cooking Classes
Ranked #14 of 164 Classes & Workshops in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Japanese Cooking: Classes, Lessons and Events - Yuki Gomi is a professionally trained chef and author of Sushi at Home, published by Penguin. She teaches Japanese cookery from her kitchen in London, giving the skills and techniques to students wanting to cook Japanese food at home. Yuki's seasonal schedule gives full Japanese cooking class details and includes: Sushi Making lessons, sushi classes, Japanese home cooking, Japanese street food and specialist workshops; such as Miso making.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Recently attended Yuki's class to learn how to make Gyoza's. It was really both a fun and informative experience as well a great way to spend a few hours with both Yuki and the other classmates. Yuki keeps the class size small which made me feel very included but not under any pressure. Yuki has a fantastic fun personality which makes the experience very enjoyable and allows her to transfer her considerable knowledge and skills in a very easy to understand way. I cannot wait to sign up for one of Yuki's other classes.

1  Thank APS772

Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a great way to get into Japanese cuisine! In two and a half hours my partner and I went from total novices to an understanding of different stocks and what to add to them to create a range of dishes, focusing on seafood but with soup and stir fry techniques as well. The whole session was very relaxed and Yuki was a great host. We tasted ingredients at every stage and at the end we tucked into an outstanding lunch of five separate dishes. Taking away the recipe handout, we have now sourced the basic ingredients (suprisingly few) that we need to replicate these dishes at home. I think it's fair to say this course may have changed our eating habits forever!

1  Thank PeterG783
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had a great time at Yuki's fish and seafood class. There was only 4 people in the class which was great, I went with my mum and a friend, and live only 5 minutes away from the course which was a bonus. Yuki is very welcoming and has a very bubbly personality. She accommodated me well being pregnant and made sure that I was OK eating certain foods. Her cooking skills were fantastic and I learnt a lot about the techniques of making Japanese stocks, she also gave us some helpful knife skill tips and advice in where to buy the Japanese ingredients. She cooked us 5 courses of delicious food and went home feeling full and satisfied.

1  Thank HS99
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Attended the above class at Yuki's Kitchen in April 2013, as a present bought for me by a friend. Yuki is friendly, bright and chatty and really makes you feel at home in her kitchen. The food is prepared step by step, and all questions are answered expertly. Yuki pays special attention to ensure that all ingredients can be sourced relatively easily in England, and really takes care to ensure you have the tools confidence and knowledge to cook japanese recipes at home - I certainly felt this to be a huge help! The small classes also keep the lessons intimate and focussed.
I would strongly recommend Yuki's classes for anyone interested in healthy or japanese cuisine - you won't regret it!

1  Thank CAL1986
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Last night a group of three of us attended Yuki's Fish and Seafood class, and we had a wonderful time. Yuki is lovely, very chatty and relaxed, and we enjoyed learning about Japanese cookery and simple ways to produce delicious healthy food that looks great. There were five courses, each with its own stock and range of ingredients. I would highly recommend this class - or any other that Yuki offers - both for yourself or as a special gift for a friend.

1  Thank TS99