“Excellent evening”

Princess Victoria Kensington
Reserve with OpenTable
Princess Victoria Kensington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,983 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Gastropub, Bar, Spanish, British
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Welcome to Kensington's very own Princess Victoria. Just as Kensington itself is steeped in history dating back to the Doomsday Book, Princess Victoria is proudly housed in a classic early Victorian building, whose history, character and style flow through every part of our Public House and Restaurant.From the inviting ground floor bar to the comfortable first floor restaurant, wherever you find yourself in the Princess Victoria you will find an ambience which is casual yet stylish in which to enjoy lunch or dinner. Speciallity on Tapas & weekend brunch.
“Excellent evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I regularly go the Princess Victoria given its welcoming and friendly staff who are extremely attentive but also go the extra mile in making me feel a valued customer through their small talk and interest. I arranged to meet an old friend there for dinner and was not disappointed - really good food and excellent service. To add to the experience, it was a Tuesday and the singer/ guitarist was really good. I have happily recommended the pub to friends as well as business associates in the area.

Visited June 2013

“Great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Read all the reviews on this pub and went with some mates last Sunday for lunch. Great value cocktails and good food not often found in one place. Staff were welcoming and attentive. Well spent afternoon.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bizarre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

The food is average, but the service is downright bizarre. The staff seem a little stoned. A picture fell off the wall and landed on my girlfriend and me. A few minutes later I tried to show one of the waiters that my girlfriend's arm had been cut and was bleeding, but he just walked off. I showed another waiter and he said, "sue". There didn't seem to be anyone sober or in charge. This was 4pm on a Sunday! In the past this pub has been fairly busy. Today the place was empty apart from our table of 3. I predict that next Sunday it will be completely empty.

1 Thank eleffkay
Princess V, Owner at Princess Victoria Kensington, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
In response to your inaccurate and malicious review. The whole incident was captured on CCTV and audio. No injured was observed or referred to at the time. The party was treated respectfully and inquiries were made as to the incident by three staff members. The inference that staff was in any way intoxicated is insulting to them. Indeed the party continued to enjoy themselves laughing and drinking for another 45 minutes after the event.
“Just go and feel at home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Considering the area and all the food chains this place is the best around here.

The theme is always the same, young guys do it better.
They are attentive, nice and friendly and the food is very good.

I went there all alone and it was like being amongst friends with Edmond and the guys always smiling and ready for a chat.

The meat is soft and tasty, the service is quick.
They have the best out of every country: English professionality, Italian taste, French sauces, Greek flavours and Scottish whisky.
I am sure they got more but I haven't tried yet.

Just go there to find out more.

Weert, The Netherlands
“5 stars, definitely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

First: great staff! Very friendly, HANDSOME and helpful people. We went there for a quick meal (we were exhausted from shopping all day), but ended up having cocktails at the bar.
I had the mushroomsoup and fetuccine and it was just.. beyond delicious I have to say. Portions, presentation, taste, everything was perfect. My friend and I actually enjoyed it so much we went back a few days later to do it all over again, including 2 jugs of sangria ;)

We will definitely come back when visiting the UK again. And in the meantime we'll highly recommend this lovely pub/restaurant to all our friends and family.

Ps. Mickey makes the best sangria. In the world!

• Visited May 2013