“Avoid at weekends deafening muzak and stifling crowds”

Westfield Stratford City
Ranked #163 of 1,736 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed February 16, 2014

In general I am not a fan of Westfield. Prada and other designer shops vanished after the olympics - why am I not surprised. John Lewis has an excellent restaurant minus mouth stuffers, muzak and pine floors and pine seating - comfortable, pleasant with good food.
However the crowding at the cheaper end if the mall is claustrophobic and when we visited near Christmas we were grabbed by a marketing person and wish Happy Holiday - we politely told her it was Christmas and were told not to say that word - which we found highly insulting.
The ambience of Westfield seems to concentrate on beige, citrus colours and VERY LOUD MUZAK .
A pity as the lighting on the upper floors could make a pleasant shopping experience fir those who enjoy bland shopping.

4  Thank Louise S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,486)

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Westfield Shopping City is BIG! You will need to have your walking shoes on and some patience with big crowds as it was busy, I know it was the festive season, but we were there on a weekday. All types of shops and just outside is the Olympic Park and a quaint street market. Worth a visit.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Our final shopping outing in the UK and there it was a Kiwi Flag with coffee Board advertising FLAT WHITE!!! Despite the place being packed the Barista served up the best coffee in a month away for home and it did not even have to be a double shot. So good we immediately followed up with a second cup. Food was fresh and the staff really helpful and friendly. Keep up the good work guys and Kiwis if you are at. Westfield Stratford get a really good coffee with a touch of NZ. Even sell L& P !!!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I live in London for almost three decades and have seen many Shopping Malls springing up over time. Nowadays I prefer online shopping if I can help it, 'cause I can't stand crowed places and the Westfield Mall definitely is one on the grand scale ! If you are a "shopaholic" then this is the place for you ! I personally prefer pedestrian shopping places where you can find little green oasis like real (!) small parks. Westfield is noisy and overwhelming, the constant pushing and shoving is tiring. The masses of people can be daunting and queuing in some shops take out all the fun of shopping. All in all: I would visit this place only if I have to !

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Visited this weekend and left after 15 minutes. The place is just awful. Feels tacky, too many people, messy layout, centre staff unfriendly. I would not go back even if everything was free! Horrid place! Thankfully then visited Knightsbridge and found what I was looking for - a great product and excellent service.

3  Thank CeeJaay