“Clean and comfortable beds but really noisy”
Review of Plaza London Hotel

Plaza London Hotel
Ranked #379 of 579 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 20, 2013

booked in on the 16th November for the night. Room was average but for the price what do you expect. Beds very comfy my son said best bed he has had in a hotel , a few down sides, we were booked in with a stag group maybe they were bloody noisy, thumping music till10.30pm and then 4.00am it all erupted shouting banging, stomping on the floor. Well how can you sleep through that. At about 5.00am it all quietened down then restarted at 8.30am because it was breakfast. Shame really as the staff really friendly. Mabye choose your clientele really.

Room Tip: Don,t choose the weekend
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Liz m
plaza L, Manager at Plaza London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2014

Thank you for your review and your custom. We apologise for the convenience. There has been much enhancement to the facilities. Sound proofing and high security throughout the building.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We booked this hotel, after a bit hesitant, looking at some reviews. However no need to worry, very clean and pleasant hotel, lovely staff. Initially booked for 1 night however extended for further 2 night due to work extensions.

housekeeping was done daily, excellent for the money.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tommy C

Thank you for your review and custom. We loved having you here and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed . Booked it last minute so didn't check reviews . Boy I wish I had . I am covered in bites after sleeping here one night . Get me out of here ! I would not put my dog in a room like this . How can these places call themselves hotel ? Appallingly rude staff just not interested in my complaint and said well at least breakfast is free ??? What ??

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your review; we apologise for the inconvenience you have experienced. There has been much enhancement we hope you would return to enjoy.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

The room was very small with no window but clean with fresh sheets and towels daily. Good little tv in the room and free wifi and computer in the reception area. Basic help your self breakfast with very small area to eat, it only had three tables so you had to be patient.. you had to share a toilet and shower with the other rooms on your fall it was always kept clean. Staff are NOT very warm and friendly. Over all stay was ok, i would recommend this hotel for student's/traveler's and short stays in London.

he people on your fall always clean and tidy. Staff very not very warm

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear experience, there has been much enhancement and would love for you to visit us again

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Are room was for one night. We had to go down steep stairs to get to the room. There was double bed and single for three people. There was a window but you could not open it so there was a table fan in the room. The light outside the room was on all night and shone threw this pain of glass so you could not sleep. When you went to toilet you couldn't turn around in there it was very tight you can learn on sink while using toilet. And there was no paper towels to wipe your hands. As for breakfast it was all uncovered cereal was in large open bowls, juice in open jugs. And cheeses cut and uncovered and slices of fruit. And wraps for breakfast, and croissants all uncovered. There's not enough seating In The dinning room. And there was a funny smell all over hotel. Bedding was white looked dirty and covers ripped and no stuffing in pillows . Need I say more.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Carmadwoman

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I will tell you why you should never be tempted to book this hotel.

I was booked in for one night and stayed only a matter of hours before I had seen and heard enough to warrant an immediate check out and last-minute check-in to a comparatively heavenly Travelodge nearby.

First of all, the receptionist would not accept my manager's third-party payment form even though she had emailed this to them days in advance and I even had an image of it on my phone. After waiting in reception 45 minutes he finally decided it was time to show me to my room, although this wasn't the end of the wrangles over the payment form.

The room wasn't suitable for a person to spend one night in. It was a tiny whitewashed strobe-lighted bunker without windows. There's no ensuite here - you share a squalid bathroom down the hall with a number of other guests.

I went for a walk to get dinner soon after. The area surrounding the hotel is useful only for residents. There is not a single reputable restaurant within walking distance. I ate a snack from a newsagent instead.

Upon returning to my room I discovered a large cockroach in the middle of the floor. This, for me, was the final straw. I took a photograph of it and showed it to reception, where there were now two members of staff. They claimed this had never happened to them before and blamed tourists bringing in foreign bugs in their suitcases. After some debate they came to the room and turned it upside down to catch and kill the little blighter. Meanwhile I was on the phone to a taxi firm to take me out of the hellhole.

At first the reception staff refused to allow me a refund (although due to the third-party payment form no money had yet passed hands), because I had been in the room several hours and they said it would be empty for the rest of the night, making them a loss. However, I argued with them until they changed their story to allow me a refund as long as I left immediately. I was only too happy to do so.

I was never so glad to see a Travelodge in my entire life after this episode. Do not be tempted by this hotel. The staff are always defensive, and I discovered the reason why.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Kayleigh_4567

To be 100% accurate - This person has never stayed at this hotel.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Miserable little dump located 5-minute walk from bus or 10-minute walk from tube. Rooms exceedingly small, water pressure varied between poor and none (water actually stopped more than twice during showers), no toilet paper hanger (roll was propped on back of toilet tank), no bathroom shelf for toiletries, a cat wandered in to our open 2nd floor window in the middle of the night, the breakfast area was ill-equipped (staff had to come in every few minutes to wash dishes from one guest so the next person had something to eat from), and we had to stand on the bed to reach the curtain to open/close it. Overall, not a good experience. Will never return.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple