“The best grill in town.”
Review of Needoo Grill

Needoo Grill
Ranked #5,246 of 22,853 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Whitechapel
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“The best grill in town.”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went to Needoos last night with seven friends. I had booked a table for 7.30 via the internet and was glad I did because the place was busy and people were literally queuing out of the door.

There is a reason for the queues, that is because the food is great. The service was quick and we managed to get the orders right between meat eaters and vegetarians. The place was buzzing and we had a good time.

Notable dishes are the lamb chops and kebabs, the fish tikka and the dried meat. The veggies said the spiced paneer was good too.

I prefer this place to Tayyabs for it's authenticity and character. You won't leave hungry.

• Visited March 2013

London
“Great Value - Good Service - Good food for business or friends”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had a great meal last night, been going to the more famous Tayyabs around the corner, but that's too busy and noisy now - so this place run by the former Tayyabs manager is a much better alternative. I took 8 work colleagues last night from my banking client, all different backgrounds and taste buds - we all enjoyed the food and had great service. Top tip, book in advance and try and get there between 6.30-7 before it gets busy - even on Wednesday there were queues!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank happyatif
London, United Kingdom
“No chips!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I love grill food and this place does it very well. The food is cooked well, portions are generous and prices are also good. I really like the flavour of their grill chicken. But I always like a portion of chips with my grill, i prefer it to nan or bread as I find that generally too heavey and dry.

They could have a better or more unique selection of sauces.

Service isnt great but ok. Waiters dnt speak much and it can be hard to get their attention.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food pretty poor service”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was a strange one because I wanted to give it four or five stars but the more I thought about it after I had left I convinced myself that I left disappointed. Check some of my other reviews and I spend a lot of time in Indian and Pakistani restaurants when I am on the road through business. I was keen to see what Whitechapel had to offer as it is supposed to be as good as Rusholme in Manchester or Bradford for the quality on offer. I am sure the restaurants generally are but this one whilst having its good points is probably not the best example.
When I entered the place the owner/head waiter was pretty rude, you could tell he would have preferred to give his table to four people rather than just one. Eventually he let me have a table and I sat there for 10 minutes until someone came to take my order, it's worth mentioning that the restaurant was busy but not what you would call overflowing. I ordered my food and surprisingly, everything came at once, it was just put down on the tiny table which left barely enough room for the plate. I have read in other reviews that this is common here but it is very annoying, not only don't you have any room but you also look like a total pig!
The food itself was very good but not excellent as you might expect although it has to be said much better than average. They don't serve alcohol here like many other places in the area so I had to settle for coke, I think they also sell lassi etc. Service remained poor, it was always like they couldn't wait to get rid of you whilst other tables with several diners were treated far more deferentially.
Overall this was an inexpensive meal but I wished I had gone around the corner to Brick Lane instead as the food is cheaper, they can't wait to get you in rather than out and I'm really disappointed that my curry experience of Whitechapel was this place! Nevertheless, I will be back to try other places that want your custom rather than just your cash!

• Visited February 2013
Winchester
“good all round”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We ate here as a crowd, and the staff still manged to take our orders and bring our food quickly and efficently with a smile and a joke. I really enjoyed 90% of it, my meat biriani was disappointing - it felt like it was badly microwaved but that was the only thing on the table I could find fault with, everything else was delish!

Visited February 2013